Silly geocoin question

just Ami

Ok, so I was looking at all the shop goodies and I saw display racks for your geocoins.... but I thought geocoins are trackable, and you should not hold on to them? I have not run across a coin in person, but I'm guessing that if the official site is selling displays, then there are some types of coins you get to keep...? How do you know if you should keep a coin or not? What do you call a coin you get to keep?

Ok, so I was looking at all the shop goodies and I saw display racks for your geocoins.... but I thought geocoins are trackable, and you should not hold on to them? I have not run across a coin in person, but I'm guessing that if the official site is selling displays, then there are some types of coins you get to keep...? How do you know if you should keep a coin or not? What do you call a coin you get to keep?

If you buy the coin, you can keep it or release it.

If another cacher gives you a coin as a gift, you can keep it.

A lot of cachers will buy coins, and collect them. And often will carry them for other cachers to see and 'Discover' in person.

If you find a coin in a cache, expect it to be Trackable and that it needs to be moved on!

I have a collection of coins that I have bought myself. I take them to cache events so that others can "discover" them.

If a geocoin's owner has placed a coin into a cache then is it supposed to travel, you don't keep other people's coins :)