What should I do with the TB in my cache?

Deepsky24

A finder just placed a Travel bug in the cache I own and I haven't dealt with them before. I've read up on what to do but it's confusing and just want to be certain I do the right thing. I'm not sure if the TB has a goal, but I don't think I can help it on its way. I'm not sure about 'grabbing' or 'retrieving' the TB as I'm not sure about dropping it into another cache. I'm guessing logging a 'discover' is the suitable option. Do I need to go and get the reference number from the TB for this option? There is no TB listed in the inventory on the cache page though.

Cheers.

Normally I'd say just leave the tractable for others to find, if it's in your own cache. My opinion is that it's a bit tacky, unless say you're travelling across the country and that will help it's goal.

But since it's not logged in your cache, I'd go to it and lock it on to your cache.

To do that you need the number on it. You log the TB itself as either grabbed from wherever it is, or more accurately "grabbed from somewhere else." then write a note (not log a find) on your cache page, and at the bottom of the log you can select the TB and drop it off. Or if you're going to move it, log it as visited, then drop I'm off (and log it as such) in another cache.

The finder says in her cache log that she has added her TB to your cache but, as you say, there is nothing listed in the inventory. Perhaps she visited her TB rather than left it there.

You cannot do anything without the TB number so you would need to collect it from your cache and then follow the instructions above.

Or just leave it for someone else to find and move on.

You are not required to move a TB whether it is in your cache or any other.

A finder just placed a Travel bug in the cache I own and I haven't dealt with them before. I've read up on what to do but it's confusing and just want to be certain I do the right thing. I'm not sure if the TB has a goal, but I don't think I can help it on its way. I'm not sure about 'grabbing' or 'retrieving' the TB as I'm not sure about dropping it into another cache. I'm guessing logging a 'discover' is the suitable option. Do I need to go and get the reference number from the TB for this option? There is no TB listed in the inventory on the cache page though.

Cheers.

Most times, you would just leave it there for someone else to pick up who can move it along.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the person who dropped it has logged it properly.

If you want, you can go to the cache, and make sure the trackable is actually in there. If it is, you can get the tracking number, then log it as "grabbed" from the other person, and then log it as "dropped" into your cache. That will remove it from the other person's inventory and place it into the cache's inventory.

I would contact the person who says she dropped it there. Either she hasn't had time to log it properly, or doesn't know how to do that. If she didn't realize that it wasn't logged properly, then she can do that now.

As a general discussion, I don't think it's nice for cache owners to grab any and all trackables that are in the caches they own. Some times the cache owner needs to rescue a trackable from their own cache.

B.