How to Create a Reverse WIG

bluesnote

I have found and completed a few reverse WIGs so I am very familiar on how they work. I decided that it was time to create a reverse WIG myself. So how do I do this? I've tried on the app (when selecting create under the original WIG reverse cartridge) and it says I'll get a code to enter but I never get the code. Is there a way to get the final coords for the cache and someone put them into a system to get the code?

I created an open source code reverse wig in urwigo. You can download it here. Make sure to rename the gwz file to a .zip file. The urwigo file is located inside there.

http://wherigofoundation.com/cartridge/cartridge_details.aspx?wg=WGCY

Looks like I can't download it to my mac, so I tried my iPhone since it's one of the options. But I get an error message when I download it. Any suggestions?

"Download Failed

Safari cannot download this file."

I have found and completed a few reverse WIGs so I am very familiar on how they work. I decided that it was time to create a reverse WIG myself. So how do I do this? I've tried on the app (when selecting create under the original WIG reverse cartridge) and it says I'll get a code to enter but I never get the code. Is there a way to get the final coords for the cache and someone put them into a system to get the code?

I got the final coordinates and code when I get within 27 meters. I'm not real impressed with the reverse WIG's... I spoof my coordinates and can solve them from home before seeking the final. :laughing:

I got the final coordinates and code when I get within 27 meters. I'm not real impressed with the reverse WIG's... I spoof my coordinates and can solve them from home before seeking the final. :laughing:

I know when you complete one you get a completion code to enter on the WIG page so you can log it, but how do you create a reverse WIG? There's a code that you enter into the reverse WIG, so the system knows what coordinates to play around with. I want to know how to receive that code when hiding a container and marking the coordinates. Like a reverse, reverse WIG.

I know when you complete one you get a completion code to enter on the WIG page so you can log it, but how do you create a reverse WIG? There's a code that you enter into the reverse WIG, so the system knows what coordinates to play around with. I want to know how to receive that code when hiding a container and marking the coordinates. Like a reverse, reverse WIG.

Bear with me and I will try and help... I have only logged two WIG's, and only one required the code to log it. The reverse one gave me a code to creating one, if I understand this correctly. I saved a screen shot, it goes like this:

"Your password to get the code for a own cache, is:

XXXXXX

1. Write down your password. 2. Restart the Wherigo. 3. Do not restore the savegame. 4.select -create- a ReverseCache. 5. Go to the final location. 6. Wite down the code. 7. In your listing: Mention the code + the link to this Wherigo. 8. Let me know! 9.Have fun :)"

And none of this made any sense to me. :(

I signed the log just like any other cache and logged it. The first one I logged was a normal WIG and I entered a code to log it, and it took some help from Ranger Fox and others here in the forums. :)

Good luck.

Did you download the source file or the cartridge? If you are trying to download the cartridge I am not sure why that would not work on the phone. If you are trying to download the source code, that is a gwz file and that cannot be opened on the Wherigo app. Unfortunately urwigo is not compatible with mac os. There may be a way to run a pc emulator on mac and then run urwigo through that. Sorry I am not of more help.

If you solve the reverse WIG you get a code to log on www.Wherigo.com and a password to create your own. This are two different things. So restart your cartridge with the saved game and look around, where this password could be. If you have this password, follow the instrucations above. Be carefull to have the right password, because some players delete the save game when starting the cartridge without a restore.

Created my own flavor of the reverse-cache concept..

My link

I love the name. What builder did you use and is the code available?

Sorry, was out of town. I used earwigo.net

I agree, great name!

Was there a source code code available to create a reverse Wig in the Earwigo builder? I know there's one for Urwigo, but I was just curious if theres one for the Eariwgo? I'm interested in placing one in my area as well. Thanks!

Created my own flavor of the reverse-cache concept..

My link

I love the name. What builder did you use and is the code available?

Sorry, was out of town. I used earwigo.net

I agree, great name!

Was there a source code code available to create a reverse Wig in the Earwigo builder? I know there's one for Urwigo, but I was just curious if theres one for the Eariwgo? I'm interested in placing one in my area as well. Thanks!

Somewhere there is an OpenSource ReverseCache cartridge out there. I built my own from scratch.

Could anyone post a file or link or tutorial that isn't done with Urwigo? I don't have access to a PC and have been using Earwigo. I've tried importing the link shared above into Earwigo but the contents are not correct. I've been searching the internet to try to figure this out. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find any examples, tutorials, or open source code.

Even if you change your final destination on your cartridge. I'm just not sure how to implement or where to start. I have years of coding experience--not in LAU mind you--but I typically can read code just fine.

Thanks a bunch!

I've never really used Earwigo, but I think I can still help you out. I've created a reverse Wherigo myself, and it basically comes down to:

- (in my case) a start zone. I have no need for a 'generic' reverse Wherigo, I just create different cartridges when I need more instances.

- a cache zone, which is hidden, naturally.

- a variable in which you keep count of the number of attempts (only needed if you want to restrict the player in the number of attempts).

- an item 'Compass', which you can put in the player's inventory at the start.

- a command to use the Compass (which shows the distance to the cache zone). Increase the mentioned variable if needed, and disable the command when you want a limit. I use this Lua expression to calculate the distance: math.floor(zoneGeocache.CurrentDistance("m")). Replace zoneGeocache with the identifier you gave the cache zone.

- if you are near the geocache zone, I show a message with an additional hint.

Let me know if this works for you.

• Upvote 1

Does anybody have a step by step instruction for creating a Wherigo  by using "The Reverse Cache - Beta" cartridge. im trying to construt one using an iPad or iPhone

i go into the cartridge, select play,

enter the laguage - English.

select the units - Metres.

read the message and select ok

I then select - Create

then get the message - "You can get your own code here, (Can even be done in the emulator), Whether hiding a local ...     I cant see any code,  so select ok

then get the message "To get the code you must have made a reverse cache. At the end of a reverse-cache you receive your personal password"  it then askes for the password.

im obviously missing something or some steps somewhere, any help guys?