Questions on Updated "Geocaching" App (previously "Intro")

Hello,

I've been a long time user of the $10 Groundspeak app and have been very happy. I've been using the "Intro" app intermittently in the past months and it has some features I really like (I especially like the messaging options in the app!).

Saw the updates and the announcements about the "old" app and figured I needed to start using the new app full time! I know sometimes we all have problems changing, but I wanted to give it a good shot as some of the features are great.

A couple of questions though. Don't know if these are setting somewhere or if they are not available?

•  
  • "Default" app-- I had the old Groundspeak app set as a "Default". So if I got an email with a new cache notification (for example), I could click on the link for the GC and the cache would open in the app. I removed the "default", and now when I click the link, it says "How would you like to open this?", but the new app is not in the list of options? Is there something I can do so that my phone recognizes the new app as a "default"?
  • Cache descriptions- Standard vs. Web view: I noticed when I click the "Read More" to view the full cache description, it defaults to "Standard View" instead of "Web View". Standard view does not have any of the formatting or hyperlinks you might see on the "Web" view? Is there a way to change the default to "Web"?

I apologize if this is the right forum or format? I have never posted here before, but I didn't see any other logical place to post these questions.

Thanks!

• "Default" app-- I had the old Groundspeak app set as a "Default". So if I got an email with a new cache notification (for example), I could click on the link for the GC and the cache would open in the app. I removed the "default", and now when I click the link, it says "How would you like to open this?", but the new app is not in the list of options? Is there something I can do so that my phone recognizes the new app as a "default"?

The ability to open a coord.info link in the free app is planned for the next release, which should be out in a few weeks.

So when I went out caching this weekend, I tried really hard to make the "new" app my default app for the day. I truly do know that sometimes the toughest part of learning something new is just getting used to things being different. I've said this before, but there are a lot of things I really do like about the new app. However, I did have some issues-- I don't know if these are things I don't know how to do or if they are things that don't work correctly in the app. Just thought I'd pass them along...

The biggest issue I had was with the live map. I was in an area very heavily populated with caches. I opened the app and it found caches, but it only seemed to find them west of me. It didn't find a cache I was standing on and any to the east of me (It was almost like the app drew a line and ended it right there). No matter what I did, I couldn't get the map to "refresh" and show me the caches where I was. I've had this problem with using the app at home as well-- if I scroll on the map to another area, I often have a hard time getting the live map to show me caches in the new area. On the old app, there was a "search here" button that you could click and it would trigger the search. Is there some way to force the app to "re-search" the area you have highlighted? I tried for about 5 minutes and finally had to revert to using the "old" app to view the cache I was trying to see.

Also, I had solved a number of puzzle caches prior to going out caching (the day before). I entered the coordinates on the website using the "Corrected Coordinates" feature (the little edit pencil near the posted coordinates on the page). On the app, some of the corrected coordinates appeared and some did not. Additionally, on some, they were there, but when I exited the cache and went back in, they were gone and I had to re-enter. Is there anything special to ensure the corrected coordinates appear in the app?

Finally, one suggestion. On the "Classic" app, there is an option to view the cache on the web page. I don't see that anywhere in the new app. This would be a very useful option-- especially if the option to view your personal geocaching notes is not available.

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or considerations.

So this "new" app is not an update to the Groundspeak app, right?

I need to go to Google Play and download this new app?

I'm pretty slow, sometimes.

The 'new' app is an update to the FREE Groundspeak app, which had formerly been call the "Intro" app. If you had previously installed the FREE app, then it would need to be updated (if it hasn't already automatically done so).

[*]"Default" app-- I had the old Groundspeak app set as a "Default". So if I got an email with a new cache notification (for example), I could click on the link for the GC and the cache would open in the app. I removed the "default", and now when I click the link, it says "How would you like to open this?", but the new app is not in the list of options? Is there something I can do so that my phone recognizes the new app as a "default"?

How did you remove the default? I'm using an iPodTouch iOS9

[*]"Default" app-- I had the old Groundspeak app set as a "Default". So if I got an email with a new cache notification (for example), I could click on the link for the GC and the cache would open in the app. I removed the "default", and now when I click the link, it says "How would you like to open this?", but the new app is not in the list of options? Is there something I can do so that my phone recognizes the new app as a "default"?

How did you remove the default? I'm using an iPodTouch iOS9

Might be worth you asking that question in the ios forums.