New Geocaching app

acachebox

Got an e mail that the Geocaching baby has grown up. Is this just that a new version of intro or is it meant to up grade the classic app? The write up is as clear as mud.

Then they ask me to take a survey of things I like about it before I even download it. What am i missing here?

Sorry to say, the app previously known as intro app, now the "new" and only official app, looks nice on the surface, but is missing everything that made the old payed app good......

But they said we could keep our Doctor.

Does the old paid app have a drop dead date?

Sorry to say, the app previously known as intro app, now the "new" and only official app, looks nice on the surface, but is missing everything that made the old payed app good......

Agreed. I'm not even sure it looks much nicer than the paid app. While perusing the app, I found myself missing little things like when looking at geocaches I had already found - the old app showed you the date you found them. It helped me remember why I was in the area and what the container was.

Another thing: My bookmarks are now available to view, but I can't add to them or edit them. It's like giving me one running shoe and expecting me to win a 400m race. Great that I have the bookmark lists to help me remember what I need, but is still lacking.

Continuing on things lacking: no favorite point button that I could find. Or GPS accuracy (Accuracy: ____ft) that was available in the old app. The dots that represent the caches on the map are hard to tap on, and there is some lag time that the old app didn't have.

The videos that keep popping up every time you select a new type of cache (Earthcache, Wherigo, Traditional, etc.) are irritating.

I will say that the positive aspect of this new app is the accessibility of the messaging feature. It makes it much easier to submit answers for earthcaches, virtuals, and correspond with other cachers if you have questions and other info.

I think the drop dead date for the "Classic" app is planning to be June.