TB Not Adding Miles

photonut4

Please help. We have a TB that travelled to Japan. Once there a cacher "Discovered" it, but moved it along. It is now in Taiwan, and all the cachers just keep logging it as being "Discovered", so none of the miles are being added on. How can we fix this? This TB is in a year long race, and we really want the miles to be added on. Thank you for any help. Liz

Please help. We have a TB that travelled to Japan. Once there a cacher "Discovered" it, but moved it along. It is now in Taiwan, and all the cachers just keep logging it as being "Discovered", so none of the miles are being added on. How can we fix this? This TB is in a year long race, and we really want the miles to be added on. Thank you for any help. Liz

It would have to be dropped/placed in a cache to register miles. It would not acquire miles from discoveries.

Do you have another account?

The one trackable on your account is being "visited" (since Nov) in the US.

Can't see a trackable not in your inventory and with no reference number,

but on the trackables page, state that you'd like it to move along for the race.

Are you sure that all the others aren't just "discovering" the trackable's code from a paper list, or facebook?

but on the trackables page, state that you'd like it to move along for the race.

Are you sure that all the others aren't just "discovering" the trackable's code from a paper list, or facebook?

The TB in question actually belongs to my daughter and her husband. It is called HunterPilot1393 and the id is: TB6QHB9. This is a family race with 6 TBs and I am in charge of it. Out of the 6 TBs 3 are MIA, so I would really like this one to register the miles correctly. Thanks for any help.

The TB in question actually belongs to my daughter and her husband. It is called HunterPilot1393 and the id is: TB6QHB9. This is a family race with 6 TBs and I am in charge of it. Out of the 6 TBs 3 are MIA, so I would really like this one to register the miles correctly. Thanks for any help.

Have you tried emailing or messaging the current holder? Like others have said, it needs to visit or be placed in a cache for the miles to register.

The miles are added correctly. The trackable (hopefully) still resides in a cache in Japan.

The TO is using encouragement (through logs) to attempt to get that trackable moving, but there's really no other way to persuade someone to move it.

Could be a regional thing (we have areas where no one'll move a trackable anymore), many caches might be too small for trackables (getting to be a standard today...), or basic members can't see larger hides with maybe higher D/T to move it.

We get "Greetings from Germany" logs on folks visiting our caches in the US time-to-time.

- The discover log of, "Greetings from Taiwan!" doesn't necessarily mean it's moved there, it's still listed in that cache. :)

The miles are added correctly. The trackable (hopefully) still resides in a cache in Japan.

The TO is using encouragement (through logs) to attempt to get that trackable moving, but there's really no other way to persuade someone to move it.

Could be a regional thing (we have areas where no one'll move a trackable anymore), many caches might be too small for trackables (getting to be a standard today...), or basic members can't see larger hides with maybe higher D/T to move it.

We get "Greetings from Germany" logs on folks visiting our caches in the US time-to-time.

- The discover log of, "Greetings from Taiwan!" doesn't necessarily mean it's moved there, it's still listed in that cache. :)

Oh gotcha. Well wait till I tell my daughter that, as she is going to be disappointed. Lucky for me though as that keeps me firmly in first place. Thank you for all of the replies.