Must do geocaches

lordsamiam

I am planning a cross country roadtrip. It is including must see museums, historical sights, state/national parks and geocaches. What are some of your favorite caches? Bonus points if there are mutiple within the same area. Please include cache name(s) and the location optionally what makes it so great. Cheers!

It would probably help to provide a general planned route...maybe what highways or cities you want to hit. You don't have to be specific, but it will certainly help to narrow down which caches people recommend.

The point is for it to be vague. I am planning a trip to visit all 48 continental states. You have a cache you really like? Is there vaguely something else to do in that area? Or is it vaguely on route to something else then why not. Basically be random there is no set route right now. I am using this as part of the route planning process. I have seen common theme of people not wanting to just throw stuff out there but this is my method. I will post the result at the end for people to follow in my footsteps if they want but first I need the caches. TLDR Sorry i'm not very good of a writer but yes random is good random is life.

On top of having the Space and Rocket center to visit. The caching here in Huntsville Al. is great, Any of Jolly Green's series by Gray Bat are some good ones.

Thank you. Huntsville Alabama is officially one of the stop points in what I hope to be a giant connect the dots adventure!

I just saw that you posted a similar request in the Southwest forum. I'll move my reply there, because it is better suited for that area. Still, we enjoyed caching in the Everglades and Key West - including the Ed Watson virtual cache that we did as part of a boat/kayak tour in the Everglades that was worth doing even without a smiley; and caches along the Keys. Louisiana - New Orleans and the outlying areas also come to mind. Some of the cemetery virtuals in New Orleans were particularly fun. But as I wrote in the other forum, it's a tough question to answer without knowing more about your interests and the type of caching you like to do.

How much time do you have in any one area? What kind of vehicle are you driving? Do you like to hike? Do you have specific interests?

My method is to look at the virtuals and earthcaches wherever I plan on traveling, but to otherwise identify the areas I want to see. If there is a traditional cache that has a title that grabs my attention, or is near an area we will be visiting for other reasons, I'll put it on my list. Planning is a fun part of the trip - and for that I rely on a lot of different sites and tools. A cache rarely factors into it, although I will make detours in the right situation and certain caches will help inspire me to see particular points of interest.

Edited by geodarts

I am planning a cross country roadtrip. It is including must see museums, historical sights, state/national parks and geocaches. What are some of your favorite caches? Bonus points if there are mutiple within the same area. Please include cache name(s) and the location optionally what makes it so great. Cheers!

Since it is very vague, I suggest the best way to start is to go to each state and search the caches with the most favorite points. Visit like the top 10 caches for each.

Since it is very vague, I suggest the best way to start is to go to each state and search the caches with the most favorite points. Visit like the top 10 caches for each.

It doesn't matter where you are from or where you are going, Geo MoJo #14 National Treasure in Wartburg TN is a must find!