Email notifications

Hi, I've just hidden a few caches 13 trads + 1 bonus and I want to add a mail to the notifications. Geocaching has been registred with my mail but my wife wants to follow up the founds of our caches.

I've added a 2nd mail to my profile: email preferences.

When a cache has been found I received a mail found, needs maintenance etc.. but my wife doesn't received that mail.

Is there a way I can add here?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

The owner notification email only gets sent to the primary email address for the owner's account.

A few ways around this:

1. Your wife watchlists each cache for which she wishes to monitor the logs. (This assumes she has a separate Geocaching account.)

2. Your wife creates a bookmark list of the caches, if she's a premium member separately from you, and checks the box to receive notifications.

3. You set up a filter on your email account, with a rule to forward the email to your wife's email account if the subject line includes the text "[LOG] Owner." (For this option, your wife would not need a separate Geocaching account.)

Edited by Keystone

We used googlegroups for that, we did something like this: create a private discussion/forum (add both users/emails) and the forum will get an emailaddress as well which can be used for the gc account. you have mail logging and more forum features.

Edited by rnijenhu

We used googlegroups for that, we did something like this: create a private discussion/forum (add both users/emails) and the forum will get an emailaddress as well which can be used for the gc account. you have mail logging and more forum features.

Wow...that's actually a really cool idea. I just wish Google Groups had a standalone mobile app...

I don't want to Hi-jack ur topic. But How do you stop the e-mail " Notification " ???

Which "notification"? There are a number of different mechanisms through which an email to you could be generated, including cache owner log emails, instant notifications, watchlist, bookmark lists, etc. The answer will depend on which ones you're talking about.

I don't want to Hi-jack ur topic. But How do you stop the e-mail " Notification " ???

Which "notification"? There are a number of different mechanisms through which an email to you could be generated, including cache owner log emails, instant notifications, watchlist, bookmark lists, etc. The answer will depend on which ones you're talking about.

+1

Godavid, unless you plan to archive your last hide, you need that CO email to keep track of issues. :)