I'm just starting.

Hi, I'm "BelleKennels". I joined geocaching.com in June 2003 (yup 2003) because I wanted to place a cache. I had been researching the activity for some time, but needed to join the group to publish a cache in the 2nd edition of A Guide To Backpacking With Your Dog.. then chickened out when it came to placing a cache.

Dec 12, 2015 I made my FIRST find. But didn't understand the log sheet thing at the time. In Feb I went back and filled in the log sheet once I understood that part, after a friend took me caching. Micro I thought meant no ammo box. In my defense, in 2003 caches were ammo boxes and tupperware containers if I remember correctly.

In Feb 2016 a friend took me to find my first caches. On leap day I went to find a couple more. One, I feel I found the box, but it was crushed, so no log sheet. But I did find a couple all by myself.

I'm currently in Yerington, NV and will be traveling to the Panama Canal later in the year. I have been using c:geo on my phone to find the caches, but think a GPS would work better. I have a nuvi 2592 lmt I use in the car, but need to figure out if it will work.

I hope to load the details for the different caches onto the GPS so I can use in instead of my phone when I am in the ports between here and Panama.

I'm told there will be a "mega" in Yerington in October. I hope to have a cache placed before then... need to figure out exactly what I want for my cache.

Would love meeting others in the area. We could go out looking for caches in the dessert. My husband and I have a couple guest quads.

Any suggestions for simple to use GPSs would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm "BelleKennels". I joined geocaching.com in June 2003 (yup 2003) because I wanted to place a cache. I had been researching the activity for some time, but needed to join the group to publish a cache in the 2nd edition of A Guide To Backpacking With Your Dog.. then chickened out when it came to placing a cache.

Dec 12, 2015 I made my FIRST find. But didn't understand the log sheet thing at the time. In Feb I went back and filled in the log sheet once I understood that part, after a friend took me caching. Micro I thought meant no ammo box. In my defense, in 2003 caches were ammo boxes and tupperware containers if I remember correctly.

In Feb 2016 a friend took me to find my first caches. On leap day I went to find a couple more. One, I feel I found the box, but it was crushed, so no log sheet. But I did find a couple all by myself.

I'm currently in Yerington, NV and will be traveling to the Panama Canal later in the year. I have been using c:geo on my phone to find the caches, but think a GPS would work better. I have a nuvi 2592 lmt I use in the car, but need to figure out if it will work.

I hope to load the details for the different caches onto the GPS so I can use in instead of my phone when I am in the ports between here and Panama.

I'm told there will be a "mega" in Yerington in October. I hope to have a cache placed before then... need to figure out exactly what I want for my cache.

Would love meeting others in the area. We could go out looking for caches in the dessert. My husband and I have a couple guest quads.

Any suggestions for simple to use GPSs would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

im no expert, but I use a Garmin 550. Its a pretty simple unit in by opinion, but I guess that's a relative word. I like using the "gps free technique" (no gps at all) more and more.