Limited zones on Wherigo\\kit

JRandJuju

That's odd. It shouldn't limit anyone to a certain number of zones. I don't have an upper limit set (for good or bad).

It does limit people to three possible answers for a multiple choice question. It does that due to the Garmin GPS receivers. I've watched people play on a Garmin and it's almost impossible to know you can scroll to see more than three choices. When we as a community decide to abandon the Garmin Wherigo Player, I'll lift that restriction.

For a Lights Out type cartridge, I don't think it limits anyone to three zones as well.

I've never heard anyone else report on this issue, either. It could be his session expired (perhaps left idle for twenty minutes or so) and he needed to log in again. That's about the only thing I can think of that would be catastrophic enough to cause Kit to exhibit odd behavior.

Please do keep me informed about what you find. I'd love to hear it, even if it was just user error (because if it's confusing, it needs to be fixed).

First I would like to thank you, and the others, for all the work you have done on this Wherigo project.

We are planning to get together later this month and work on his cartridge, I will let you know what I find.

I went on last night and made a simple barebones 7 zone cartridge in less than an hour. It needs a lot of fine tuning but the builder works great.

I see some of the problems that people have building cartridges with the Wherigo kit. I don't use the Wherigo kit to build as I use the Urwigo version and have had no real issues. One thing i did notice is that once I reached 7 zones open at one time my Garmin didn't like it so much. I just make sure that all zones close that are not needed so I don't hit that mark. Since then I have no issues.

There are two kits available in Kit. The traditional question and answer kit only ever has one zone active. The Lights Out kit could have many zones active, but usually not that many. Kit makes sure zones not in use are deactivated so the players--especially Garmin--don't have to deal with that many simultaneously active zones.

Not sure if this helps but I have a game with over twenty zones. However I am using Earwigo. I routinely have non published cartridges with well over twenty zones marking point along a river or points in game lands for deer sightings etc... that I reference at home, with the cartridge. (There are other uses for cartridges besides games).

As i first said, I got together with the friend who was having the trouble with the ability to only build 3 zones. He was using some type of sample that was only 3 zones. because of limited time we decided to start a new cartridge.

The new cartridge has 8 zones. He has completed the build and uploaded it to his phone and tested it in the field. All zones worked great.