Help with gpx not loading on gps

OrcaNinja_

I downloaded the file it emailed me and put it in the gps and that didn't work. So I went to the pocket queries page and clicked on pocket queries ready for download and downloaded it from there, which worked.

GS doesn't send you the GPX or PQ by mail so there's nothing in the email to put in the GPS <_<

I downloaded the file it emailed me and put it in the gps and that didn't work. So I went to the pocket queries page and clicked on pocket queries ready for download and downloaded it from there, which worked.

GS doesn't send you the GPX or PQ by mail so there's nothing in the email to put in the GPS <_<

Yes they do. http://imgur.com/vByhuLp

When you click the download button it downloads a zip file with a gpx in it.

You're just proving GS doesn't send you a GPX or PQ (as I wrote). They send you a link where you can download the file. There's no file in the email. It's the downloaded file you have to put on your GPS. Years ago GS would send the file as an attachment as long as there were <500 caches in the PQ.

You're just proving GS doesn't send you a GPX or PQ (as I wrote). They send you a link where you can download the file. There's no file in the email. It's the downloaded file you have to put on your GPS. Years ago GS would send the file as an attachment as long as there were <500 caches in the PQ.

Holy s*** if you want to get technical you're correct but the file you download from the provided link is different than if you go to the queries ready to be downloaded tab on the website.

Edited by OrcaNinja_

Holy s*** if you want to get technical you're correct but the file you download from the provided link is different than if you go to the queries ready to be downloaded tab on the website.

Nothing technical about it. You don't get the file, you download it after being notified that it's ready.

And by the way, the file you download from the link is EXACTLY the same as if you were to go to the PQ page and download it from there (which is logical as it makes no sense to keep 2 copies of the same data).

Just look at the filename when downloading from the link and from the PQ page.

Nothing technical about it. You don't get the file, you download it after being notified that it's ready.

And by the way, the file you download from the link is EXACTLY the same as if you were to go to the PQ page and download it from there (which is logical as it makes no sense to keep 2 copies of the same data).

Just look at the filename when downloading from the link and from the PQ page.

It was not the same. There was one file that was downloaded from the email and two in one zip from the website.

Link from PQ-Page:

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/downloadpq.ashx?g=b0e61289-47dc-404c-8c05-81455cde0467&src=web

Link from Email:

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/downloadpq.ashx?g=b0e61289-47dc-404c-8c05-81455cde0467

Both links should downloading the very same PQ. They have an identical guid. :rolleyes:

Hans

Edited by HHL

I was simply giving what I thought was a fix because I was asked to. I didn't do it to spark an argument. I'm still new at this and what I explained is what happened. I'll make sure to ask somewhere else before coming to these forums.

Don't feel attacked but rest assured that when giving faulty information you will have people correcting you pretty fast. That's how forums work <_<

I will when I get home from work. Ffs.

Long drive? B)

Considering the badgering they received earlier in this discussion and that they already got it working, I don't blame them for not coming back.

Anyway, I suspect the problem was just a corrupted download. If they downloaded the file from the email link again, I bet it would have worked.

posting this as a new thread...reading previous comments wondering if people are refraining from commenting.

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded several caches to the device. Properly disconnected and then looked in the geocache icon to find nothing. I plugged the etrex back in and opened the device to view the files. They were clearly visible on the device. Is there a reason that I can't pull them open directly from the device? I am a newbie. Sorry for the likely foolish question.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by capecodmartins