E.T. Lodging

klipsch49er

I am finally going to try and make a dent in the E.T. in Nevada. Here is a question: Anyone know if a big RV can find a temporary stopping place nearby while I make my attempt? Please let's not get into a discussion about the value of an Power Trail, I just want to know where I can camp!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am finally going to try and make a dent in the E.T. in Nevada. Here is a question: Anyone know if a big RV can find a temporary stopping place nearby while I make my attempt? Please let's not get into a discussion about the value of an Power Trail, I just want to know where I can camp!

Thanks in advance for any help!

You do realize this is a desert, right? Not squishy sand, but dirt. Wild open spaces you see for miles and miles, dirt roads all over the place and pull outs galore. Just don't expect electric, water and sewer hook ups.

Are you doing the attempt in the RV itself? I'm not sure you'd enjoy pulling the RV on and off the road every .1 miles, but there certainly are endless places to pull off for a break or a night. If you mean to park your RV somewhere and use a car, there's a nice parking lot right there at ET-1, and I think there's a campsite or two right there as well.

I'm pretty sure you can set your RV up in Rachel, Which is about the half way point in the series: http://www.littlealeinn.com/. Very nice town and the people love geocachers. Bring plenty of extra gas for your geo-mobile though. We also highly advise a night in the Mizpah Hotel in Tonopah as you travel west. Great, old hotel with history and good food!

And regardless, of the "numbers debate" as related to geocaching, this is an adventure you'll never forget! And seriously, don't drive at night! You don't see those cows until they're right up on you!

-Marcas Found-

We stayed behind the Little Ale Inn in a 37' class A in 2013. There are only a couple spaces with water and low voltage (homemade) electric. We didn't use the electric, so they gave us several nights for free (we were eating in the restaurant daily). I think normally it costs $15/night. We had a blast - didn't have to rush through the trail, had the luxury of stopping when we were tired. Stayed nearly a week. Felt sorry for those on a tight schedule, renting a room in the trailers there. There are quite a few hotels in Tonopah to chose from on the west end.

Don't forget to pick up GCF9 - placed 12/26/00, and GC173 placed 1/10/01.

Regarding Marcas Found's comment about cows at night - there is a memorial cache along the trail dedicated to a young man who was killed after colliding with a black cow at night.