How to stop pocket query emails?

jeepdelfuego

Now that I've discovered that you can run a gazillion pocket queries, my inbox has been inundated with notifications. I use GSAK to download my queries and do not need or want to get the email notification. I still want to receive other Geocaching.com notices and such.

Thanks,

Go to your profile page, click on "build pocket queries", then delete the pq's you've created.

Oh, that won't work. You still want the pq's, you just don't want the email notification.

Set up a rule in your email folder to delete them as they come in.

The rule would be that anything with "pocket query" in the subject line gets deleted.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I can guess why Groundspeak doesn't make the emails optional. Each PQ takes a certain amount of system resources, electricity etc., and they must hate the idea of PQs being run weekly for years but never downloaded by people who simply forgot about them.

So if you set up an email rule, please remember to cancel the queries if you ever stop needing them.

• Upvote 1

... create yourself an Email account on Gmail, Yahoo, whatever, and have the PQ Emails sent there, and then never log into it.

All geocaching communications would go through this new email address, so by not checking it, you'd miss important notifications (such as DNF and Needs Maintenance logs on your own hides). So, no... it would be a bad idea to associate an account with a junk email address. Filter rules are the preferred way to go.

... create yourself an Email account on Gmail, Yahoo, whatever, and have the PQ Emails sent there, and then never log into it.

All geocaching communications would go through this new email address, so by not checking it, you'd miss important notifications (such as DNF and Needs Maintenance logs on your own hides). So, no... it would be a bad idea to associate an account with a junk email address. Filter rules are the preferred way to go.

You can have multiple email addresses linked to your account at the same time. When you set up a new Instant Notification or PQ, you can choose which of the linked email addresses it will use for that particular function. In this case, you would keep the same primary email address and add a second one to use only for PQs.

You can have multiple email addresses linked to your account at the same time. When you set up a new Instant Notification or PQ, you can choose which of the linked email addresses it will use for that particular function. In this case, you would keep the same primary email address and add a second one to use only for PQs.

This seems to be a great idea and I will do this right now. But, it would be nice to have the option to not receive the email notification.

Thanks.

This seems to be a great idea and I will do this right now. But, it would be nice to have the option to not receive the email notification.

Thanks.

I have been doing exactly this for several years, regular Emails go to my main address, all PQs go to a separate address.