Explorist 110 Update fail?

nemer06

Updated my explorist 110's software to version 1.62 from version 1.19, immediately following the update my unit would not power on. I did the reset (by pressing the button like three or four times) and it finally powered back on, but once I powered it off again it would not power on again, I had to reset again to get it on and this now happens everytime i power it down. I can't help but think the update created this problem, anyone have any feedback for me or experienced a similar problem?

So I contacted Magellan with this problem, they had me give them my serial number of my device (which is over 3 years old). Customer service was very helpful and informed me my model of the explorist 110 was not able to handle the update and has rendered my device useless. For this inconvenience Magellan shipped me a refurbished Magellan 110 that was updated and in better shape than my unit. So problem solved and if you encounter a similar problem with your 110 unit after the 1.62 update I would give them a call. Im a happy camper now.