Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gill & Tony

Switzerland help needed, please

4 posts in this topic

I am planning a major European tour, concluding with 10 days in Switzerland.

One day I will be driving from Lauterbrunnen to Vaduz, via Reichenbach Falls, the Susten Pass and Walensee. When I get to Walensee, the main road (A3) enters a long tunnel which bypasses Muhlehorn. It looks like there is another road, near the railway, which has a shorter tunnel and then runs along the waters edge through Mulehorn. I cannot find any way to leave the A3 and take the coastal road, which, I suspect, would be more scenic than the inside of a tunnel.

If there is anyone who knows that area, could you please advise whether it is possible to get onto the coastal road without first going through the A3 tunnel?

Thanks

Tony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A3_motorway_%28Switzerland%29

The highway section has been extended since 1986 with the opening of the Kerenzerberg Tunnel (5.76 kilometres or 3.58 miles), which handles the road to Murg / Sargans. The old six tunnels and the road on the shores of Lake Walen were converted to unidirectional operation and now form the carriageway to Weesen / Zurich.

Happy Traveling

Hans

Leave Exit 44 and change from Highway 3 to National Route 3.

69f4ba17c35e0d1ec4a4974745b42024.png

Hans

Thanks for that help, Hans. I'll definitely avoid the tunnel if I can, exit 44 sounds the right way to go.

Cheers

Tony