Group Hunts

briansnat

quote:
Originally posted by Team Ekitt10:

quote:
Originally posted by Team DEMP:

It was me, ZeeWire and Team Ekitt10 today to hit up 4 caches.

And, yes, it rained!! Could have been worse though Hart, you could have been on a motorcycle! icon_wink.gif

This hike and hunt rocked!

According to my GPS track logs we put in 6.8 miles over 5 hours of hiking. I would recommend this circuit to everyone. Starting at the parking off of rt513 (Green Pond Road) and hit the Bat Cave and Computer cache, follow the white trail to the Old Hidernia Road to the the Hawk Watch parking. Follow the Orange Trail the Hawk Watch platform. Visit Brian's cache and then take the white trail to the yellow trail for Graffiti Rock. Back track to the white trail and follow that back to the Old Hibernia Road, which you can follow to the parking.

Awsome! icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like you all had a great hunt! I was cleaning the basement. icon_mad.gif I'd been putting it off for a loooong time and Skigirl43 finally put her foot down.

You guys are braver than I am. I don't think I'd want to be anywhere near that hawkwatch platform if T-storms are in the area.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
I'd still like to get a group hunt together for the Hudson highlands. I bought a trail map for the area last week. It would have to be a Saturday for me. Probably over the next few weeks. The fall colors should be near peak in Mid Oct, so maybe we can shoot for that.

What's the status on that GroupHunt, is anything being planned?

quote:
What's the status on that GroupHunt, is anything being planned?

Is anybody off Monday (holiday for some) who would want to give the Hudson highlands a shot?

Edit: Crappola, I just realized I'm having a carpet installed Monday. If the guy comes in the a.m., would anybody be interested in going out int the afternoon? I'd like to give The Giants Stairs a shot and maybe another Palisades cache or two.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Soccer tourney this weekend, but Monday afternoon is a possibility...maybe even Sunday afternoon. Our last game Sunday is 11 a.m., so we should be done a little after noon. Sat is out for me totally.

Lemme see if I can get something posted this way. Ubbx seems to be having a Microsoft moment. icon_mad.gif

Kber and I are planning to go out on Melvin's Oct. 25. Anyone else interested? If so, please send me PM.

Marty, Brian, if you want to watch, I'll provide a four of Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale and some Fuente 8-5-8s -- as long as you provide us with your cell number and promise to answer if it rings! icon_wink.gif

- Team Og Rof A Klaw

All who wander are not lost.

quote:
We targeting The Love Shack and Beyond and the other two cache on the mountain, for a cache hunt and hike this weekend. (Sat. 10/25)

We planning to start from the lot off of Shades of Death road sometime in the late morning.

All are invited and timing is flexible.

Count me as a definite maybe.

quote:
P.S. Brian, did anyone ever tell you that picture looks like you?

No, but a lot of people have told me this one looks a lot like me:

23324_2000.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
We targeting The Love Shack and Beyond and the other two cache on the mountain, for a cache hunt and hike this weekend. (Sat. 10/25)

We planning to start from the lot off of Shades of Death road sometime in the late morning.

All are invited and timing is flexible.

Count me as a definite maybe.

We would like to join up with everyone. but we wont be able to get there till around 10am? is that too late?

scoobydooers

quote:
Originally posted by scoobydooers:

We would like to join up with everyone. but we wont be able to get there till around 10am? is that too late?

We're thinking about getting there between 10:30 & 11:00.

There are a couple approaches we can take for this. We can park at N 40.55.304, W 74.53.616, which is the lot off of Shades of Death road, as recommended by Renagade Jane, or we can start from the official park parking lot at N40° 54.691 W074° 55.269, as suggest by Skully and Mulder.

If we aim for later in the day, we can hang out for the UACNJ Observatory at Jenny Jump State Forest to open.

Hot Dog Johnies is also nearby, so lunch and dinner can be had.

For all that are interested let me know so we can make plans accordingly. Right now the schedule is soft. But we will be there and plan on hiking and seeking the three caches.

If anyone knows of a good place to stop for breakfast nearby, (coming from the south) perhaps we can meet there too.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Ekitt10:

quote:

We're thinking about getting there between 10:30 & 11:00.

For all that are interested let me know so we can make plans accordingly. .

Ok, 11:00 sounds perfect. we will be there. Ill have our FRN set to channel 2

quote:

I'm afraid this Saturday is not good for me, but I'm planning to hit some caches up north in the Bear Mountain Area this Sunday (weather providing),so I can check out the trails up there as well as the Fall colors.

Have a great hunt guys!

quote:
Originally posted by JandM:

Molly and I would love to join the group (minus Joe because he'll be working as always), but it doesn't look like we'll be available until 1:30 or 2. Maybe we'll get to do the next group hike/hunt (with Joe, too)!

Melissa

Melissa and Molly,

Please come over when you can, we can meet up on the trials between caches, you could always park on Shades of Death rd and work backwards while we work from the jenny parking lot forwards and we can meet in the middle.

Ill have the FRN on Channel 2, and you can email Ekitt10 for the cell numbers

Scoobydooers

I was thinking about trying to meet up with you after my class without Molly. But I've hurt my back (thanks to Molly, who decided to take off across the yard at something or other while I was holding her leash), so I'm not really up for hiking/caching tomorrow. But thanks so much. We will try to come out with the group soon!

~Melissa

The Jenny mnt trio was awsome.

and Ive got the scars to prove it.

I kind of wish that replacement hip was still inside this cache, I could have used it <G>

you missed a great time Melissa!

Johnies Hotdogs were great even without

the buttermilk. Team ekitt10 and Hiker77 are

also great, a fun time was had by all.

check the logs for the whole story

scoobydooers

Even thou it seems that tomorrow won't be the best of days, I think I'll still be going to the Harriman / Bear Mountain area to hit some caches. My idea is to start in the morning with the Black Rock Mountain Letterbox hybrid and park at N41 13.823 W74 08.399.

From there my plan is to pack lunch and then do some mayor hiking (9 miles +) while hitting some caches along the way, so most of the day will be spent in the woods.

Anyone is welcome, just keep in mind that my main goal is to explore the area & enjoy nature while getting a intensive workout, the caching experience will be used as an incentive just to keep me going!

If someone is interested I'll check this forum before heading out to arrange a meeting place, other ways, just head out and enjoy the hunt, chances are will meet in our way to any of those caches. The best way to track another cacher in the area is to post your next cache heading in the log book as well as the time you were there.

Happy caching everyone!

The Jenny mnt trio was awsome.

and Ive got the scars to prove it.

I kind of wish that replacement hip was still inside this cache, I could have used it <G>

Ok, Ive dug the rock out of my leg and pushed the bones back together, I think they will heal in a few weeks, anyone planning on another group endever

Anyone feel like coming out to Long Island tomorrow (Nov. 1)? I'll be in Nassau county most of the day trying to make up for some lost caching time lately. FRS channel 2. Nextel Private #: 173*61*9920. Or email me.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

This weekend I only have Sunday available, I think I might go again to explore another section inside the Bear Mountain / Seven Lakes Area, I'm sure the Fall colors & better weather, will make it an even better experience.

I'll try to post more concrete hiking plans tonight in case anyone is interested to pack lunch for an intense hike and expend a day immersed in nature. I'm thinking of an early start but that's subject to change. If anyone is planning something else that involves a beautiful area and a nice hike, I'm all ears.

[This message was edited by ZeeWire on November 01, 2003 at 03:40 PM.]