Tumulus?

Is there a category for a Tumulus? From what I understand Cairns are made of Stones, while a Tumulus is more like a hill that might also contain rocks, but one can't see them anymore. So, my question is: Would it be a good idea to create a new category for Tumuli or should I submit it to the Cairns category?

Burial mounds are few and far between in my region, but I would support the idea for a new category if it was well written.

Here is one that I listed in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

A tumulus is not a cairn, although there is a small overlap.

There is currently no category for tumuli. I think it is a great idea. But go for another name! A category name that everyone has to look up in a dictionary is not a good start.

What about simply "Burial Mounds" or "Ancient Burial Mounds"?

Is there a category for a Tumulus? From what I understand Cairns are made of Stones, while a Tumulus is more like a hill that might also contain rocks, but one can't see them anymore. So, my question is: Would it be a good idea to create a new category for Tumuli or should I submit it to the Cairns category?

Have you tried the Charnel Chapels, Charnel Houses and Ossuaries Category (under Mounuments, Final Resting Places). They have accepted a waymark for the Ormond Indian Burial Mound and for other ancient burial sites so perhaps this is what you are looking for?

Have you tried the Charnel Chapels, Charnel Houses and Ossuaries Category (under Mounuments, Final Resting Places). They have accepted a waymark for the Ormond Indian Burial Mound and for other ancient burial sites so perhaps this is what you are looking for?

This category is for ossuaries. Some cultures have used their burial mounds as ossuaries, but this is extremely rare. If the ossuary character of the site cannot be proven, it will be denied.

Thank you all for your answers. I also thought about "Out of Place Graves" in the first place, but like fi67 wrote, they are not really out of place. If the category was "Out of Cemetery Graves", it would have been perfect. :-) Creating a new category is tempting, but my English isn't good enough to come up with a good description and I doubt that the community would appreciate it. So, I will just list it in "Austrian and Swiss National Heritage Sites" and maybe "Wikipedia Entries".