Transfering TB's

the_xtrailers

Hi,

I have looked on the forums and FAQ, but still have some questions.

1. how do you pass a TB to another cacher? Does it have to be through a Cache or can it be passed directly to them. I cant work out how to do that.

2. If someone else has a TB and didn't drop it correctly, can you grab it directly from them, the trackable page only lets me write a note or discover not "grab"

Thanks

1; You have it in your hand, then open your fingers, and the other person will then pick it up. Or you can throw it at them, yell "catch!" And watch them panic. :laughing::ph34r:

Now for the real answer. You could put it in a cache, and have the person take it from the cache. That's logged normally. You could also actually give it to the person using your preferred method (see above for a few ideas.) You wouldn't have to do anything else. The other person would log it as "grabbed from."

2; If a trackable isn't in the cache give it a day or 2 (they may be behind on logging it.) After that you could log it as "grabbed from somewhere else." You could also retrieve it from wherever it was, the last cache it wa sin or "in the hands of *whoever last grabbed it* but that doesn't give it the proper history.

From what you said it sounds like it's marked collectable by the owner, so you wouldn't be able to grab it. It's marked like that for person collections, so someone can't grab it when it just comes out to discover. I'd contact to owner on what to do then.

Edited by T.D.M.22

1; You have it in your hand, then open your fingers, and the other person will then pick it up. Or you can throw it at them, yell "catch!" And watch them panic. :laughing::ph34r:

Now for the real answer. You could put it in a cache, and have the person take it from the cache. That's logged normally. You could also actually give it to the person using your preferred method (see above for a few ideas.) You wouldn't have to do anything else. The other person would log it as "grabbed from."

2; If a trackable isn't in the cache give it a day or 2 (they may be behind on logging it.) After that you could log it as "grabbed from somewhere else." You could also retrieve it from wherever it was, the last cache it wa sin or "in the hands of *whoever last grabbed it* but that doesn't give it the proper history.

From what you said it sounds like it's marked collectable by the owner, so you wouldn't be able to grab it. It's marked like that for person collections, so someone can't grab it when it just comes out to discover. I'd contact to owner on what to do then.