Looking for some Help in SE PA

Team Tecmage

Hi All,

We're looking for help getting a travel bug moved West. Tracy and I are headed to Hawaii in a month (May 5) and wanted to help this travel bug complete the first half of its mission.Wonder Woman

Right now, the bug is in Up Marsh Creek. Our schedules have us tied up, but we can get to the Chicago/NW Indiana area. If you can move it West, we'd appreciate it.

Richard and Tracy

I can POSSIBLY get to Up Marsh Creek in the next weekend. There are a few variables, which are too boring to enumerate, but the best part is this:

I will be in the South Bend area on April 19.

Is South Bend do-able for you?

I imagine you have this Travel Bug in your watch list, so you will know if I am successful in finding the cache and getting WonderWoman. I may not remember to post it here (I'm bad at that.)

icon_rolleyes.gif

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg

I can POSSIBLY get to Up Marsh Creek in the next weekend. There are a few variables, which are too boring to enumerate, but the best part is this:

I will be in the South Bend area on April 19.

Is South Bend do-able for you?

I imagine you have this Travel Bug in your watch list, so you will know if I am successful in finding the cache and getting WonderWoman. I may not remember to post it here (I'm bad at that.)

icon_rolleyes.gif

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg

If not, I may be able to help - oddly enough. Note that Wonder Woman's final destination is near Chicago...

South Bend is definitely doable for me. Even if I can't make it to South Bend, I also have the connections with enough Geocachers that we could get it over toward Iowa.

So, MissJenn - if you get her to South Bend, I think we'll definitely have Wonder Woman into Tecmage's area before May.

Way cool.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

We seem to have a pretty good plan on the table for Wonder Woman, but of course, an obvious question occurs to me: what if someone else picks up WW before I get there? or, if I get her to South Bend, and put her in a cache there, what if someone other than our "in-the-know" group picks her up?

Have any of you ever used some sort of label on a Travel Bug, saying something along the lines of "PLEASE TAKE THIS TRAVEL BUG ONLY IF YOU ARE {insert correct name here}"?

Is this rude? Would this work? Shall we try it?

What do you think?

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 06, 2002 at 06:57 AM.]

WonderWoman is at my house! Wheeeeeeee!!!!!

New question - which also might mean we should close this thread as it will no longer have anything to do with the Northeast, soon -

Tecmage and/or Markwell,

Which cache in South Bend would you recommend I place her in? (Keep in mind: Though I have always been a very outdoorsy type, I am a novice cacher - been at it since December 2001. I will be travelling alone. I will not have intimate knowledge of the South Bend area - I just travel there occassionally.)

Feel free to email me, instead of posting a reply here.

EDIT:

after I posted this, I looked more carefully at the cache map of Indiana, and it seems I really only have one choice: Tower Of Evil.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 06, 2002 at 10:51 AM.]

MissJenn,

Great job! Maybe Markwell (or the Justice League)will reimburse you for lost makeup and sweatpants.icon_wink.gif We're getting excited! Markwell, can you get it moved closer to Chicago, if not, we can make a side trip to South Bend.

This a good weekend! Our travel bug reappeared and is headed to GA, we have plans for both Oahu and Maui, and the Amazon is on the move! I'm starting to map-out a day of Geocaching. We might hit a couple on both islands. If you want to move this discussion to here.

Richard

MissJenn,

Great job! Maybe Markwell (or the Justice League)will reimburse you for lost makeup and sweatpants.:rolleyes: We're getting excited! Markwell, can you get it moved closer to Chicago, if not, we can make a side trip to South Bend.

This a good weekend! Our travel bug reappeared and is headed to GA, we have plans for both Oahu and Maui, and the Amazon is on the move! I'm starting to map-out a day of Geocaching. We might hit a couple on both islands. If you want to move this discussion to here.

Richard