Why is aTB not showing up in my inventory after being logged?

capthowie

I see what went wrong now. It holders of the TBs before me did not log them into the caches properly and I thought by logging discovered it would add them to my inventory. Thanks for the help. I have gone back and cleaned up the logs.

When that happens, you need to post a "grab" log to get the trackable into your hands.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/howto.aspx

If the Travel Bug is listed as being in a cache, you will have two options, retrieving it or grabbing it.

If you took it from the cache in which it is listed, choose to retrieve it.

If you took the Travel Bug from elsewhere, choose to grab it.

Both logs require the tracking number, so keep the tracking number handy for the Bug you plan to log.

Once you have successfully grabbed or retrieved the Travel Bug, it will remain in your online inventory until someone else grabs it from you or you place it in a cache.

You also have the option to 'Discover' a Travel Bug under the 'Found it? Log it!' menu. This log type is used when you see a Travel Bug in person, but are not planning to move it to another geocache. This log type will not add the Travel Bug in your trackable inventory.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol