FOund coin-no code, can't find by name

NerdyMinded

I must admit I am new to this and the answer maybe rather simple. I found a geocoin today in a cache.It is not listed in the cache's inventory. I tried looking it up by name- no luck. I want to do the right thing and log the coin, but can not find the info. NO ID #s or anything.

How did you decide what the coin name is? Can you post a picture of it or at least a description? Did you state in your log that you found a coin and that you don't know if it's a Geocoin? Somecacher may read the logs and respond.

Don't post a picture of a 6-digit number (no photos of Tracking Numbers, please, which may look like this number on an example TB in the GC Shop). Otherwise a photo of the coin would help identify it. As mentioned, tracking numbers can be around the edge of a Geocoin.

An actual Geocoin may not have text to "...log this at Geocaching...".

If the coin has a Geocacher name, and especially if that cacher found that cache, you could contact that cacher. It might be a signature item, and it's common to trade for those, with no particular tracking.

[EDIT}: Did you figure it out? You logged a Geocoin yesterday.

Edited by kunarion
9 hours ago, Klyriah said:

I have a similar problem and don't know what to do next. Here is pictures of the coin.

Kunarion called this "coin" on the money (pun intended).  :)

Simply a signature wooden nickel trade item or swag,  that was called  a "geocoin" by the owner, but has no tracking code.

What you do next is keep it if you'd like,  or pass it on as swag.    

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Greystonehomestead said:

Same!  Just found this last night.  It has a number but is a "G" and 4 numbers where you can see I have blacked it out.  Can I register this?

Same as above; this is not trackable on geocaching.com.

It looks like they request you send the location info (along with that code) to an email address.

They work similar to pathtags. Many coins of the same design share the same code so it's not unique to that particular coin.

ETA: Of course being their own system who knows, it may be a unique code, but generally the wood nickel concept follows the same code-per-design style since they're easy to quick to print and distribute.

Edited by thebruce0
4 hours ago, Greystonehomestead said:

Same!  Just found this last night.  It has a number but is a "G" and 4 numbers where you can see I have blacked it out.  Can I register this?

Well, not quite...   it is trackable, and not simply a signature item as swag.  Trackable somewhere, just not here.

- Do you really want to go into a stranger's math study courses ?    :)