PF pour les log / Points for the log (Suggestion)

Oxyman

Je trouverait sympa que les owrner puisse mètres de Points Favoris aux logs qui le mérites

Ca permettrait de remercié les beau logs et aussi de réduire un peut les simples "MPLC"

Il faudrait que ca fonctionne comme les PF actuel ( un PF max pour dix logs reçu sur le total de ces propre caches).

I find nice owrner That could Points meters from newspapers to Favorites Who Merits

It would Thanked newspapers and to reduce a fine can aussi simple " MPLC "

It Should it Works As The current Points (UN Points max for Ten newspapers Received On The Clean totals offices caches).

Which one of those threads it the most recent and relevant? :P

It should not be "Like", it should be more like "Helpful". No negative votes, that can be a direct source of angst. Helpful, positive reinforcement, added value for those who look at logs to have a better chance at locating logs that are, well, helpful (even if the option is abused). No logs hidden, just helpful logs highlighted. I see no problem with that at all.

Which one of those threads it the most recent and relevant? :P

It should not be "Like", it should be more like "Helpful". No negative votes, that can be a direct source of angst. Helpful, positive reinforcement, added value for those who look at logs to have a better chance at locating logs that are, well, helpful (even if the option is abused). No logs hidden, just helpful logs highlighted. I see no problem with that at all.

I might like a log because it's an entertaining read even if it's isn't especially helpful.

I might like a log because it's an entertaining read even if it's isn't especially helpful.

Sure. I'd have no problem with that.

Requiring any specific sub-definition of an 'up' vote would be problematic as it can't be enfored. Up is up. But up is better than nothing. It provides more value than potential problems, the way I see it.

I never meant to imply that we'd look at a log history and expect that any highlighted logs would be strictly "helpful". Just that it's a manner to help lift wheat from the chaff, signal from the noise. With the growing popularity of copy/paste, tftc, ".", group caching, etc, this seems like a valueable add, imo.

Edited by thebruce0

Sure. I'd have no problem with that.

Requiring any specific sub-definition of an 'up' vote would be problematic as it can't be enfored. Up is up. But up is better than nothing. It provides more value than potential problems, the way I see it.

I never meant to imply that we'd look at a log history and expect that any highlighted logs would be strictly "helpful". Just that it's a manner to help lift wheat from the chaff, signal from the noise. With the growing popularity of copy/paste, tftc, ".", group caching, etc, this seems like a valueable add, imo.

Yeeeaaahh, but then we'd have a request to be able to "Hide Logs Not Up-voted", and for "Upvote Counters", and then calling a spade a shovel, we're in "Facebook "Like"" land.

Next Suggestion: "Don't 'Export-to-GPS' Non-Upvoted Logs, or Include Them in PQs."

----------

"Dude - go upvote my log!"

Ten people in a group each upvote everyone's logs. Each of the ten logs for that cache has ten upvotes. Meaningless.

I can pretty much tell right away (USUALLY) when I scan logs which ones I need to read.

Are you suggesting that GS then add the ability to "Hide Logs Not Upvoted"? For "Upvote Counters"? No? Is anyone? No? Then it's irrelevant. Let's work with one suggestion at a time and not deny suggestions just because we can imagine that someone might suggest something else we don't like. Otherwise there'd be no point in suggesting anything in these forums. Let's deal with 'bad' suggestions when they come.

No social media integration. Just a new counter for 'useful' votes attached to logs in a cache's log history.

And this suggestion has reportedly already been entered into GS's database of potential improvements.