Travel Bugs Virtual Logs

Minex

I'm extremely new to travel bugs. Never picked them up when they were at caches and never sent any out -- that is until this past week. I decided to create my own travel bug. My question is -- whats with all the virtual discovered logs? Am I missing something? A lot of the comments are discovered from the gallery. Is there something about travel bugs that I am missing. Whats the point of this? It definitely surprised me when I created my travel bug. Went to bed. Got up the next day to find five virtual discovered logs when the TB hadn't even left my house.

You can delete your photo for now, and you can lock the TB. After the picture with the code has left the main gallery page - say, in a week or two - you can unlock the TB.

EDIT: And yes, I don't understand the whole virtual tracking thing, either. But some people get fun out of logging every code they can get their eyes on.

Edited by TriciaG

I see that you replaced the TB image and deleted the virtual logs -- which is about all you can do. I saw one new log since you deleted the earlier ones. You'll need to keep at it and hope that the virtual discoveries fade away. Hopefully, your number won't get onto a "discover list" posted for others. If the problem persists, consider posting a note (and editing the description) saying that your TB was not intended for virtual discovery and that such logs will be deleted.

Good luck with your classic car themed TB. If he makes it to western Pennsylvania I will give your TB a grand tour of the car cruise I help run. It's one of the largest weekly car cruises in the country, with up to 2000 show cars on a busy Friday night.

Well, I hope the TB makes it to western Pennsylvania now. We have a similar event here in Golden Colorado where thousands of classic cars cruise a two mile strip of road. I can't wait till summer comes rolling around again. The truck I am referring to in my TB is this one. I got the truck from my dad and painted it with Rustoleum. :) One of these days, I'd love to do a full out restore on it.

86AB072C-E403-4E5B-8E8F-C0C6BF009561_zpsvknwbtyw.jpg

This is the car I take to the summer cruises (before and after) :

388599_162890373817959_1145769299_n_zpshlwch2yg.jpg

C436C743-8BE1-4471-B54D-7A8C9A4DAC24-1367-00000058884E2511_zps478a1c54.jpg