Congrats to His Majesty - King Pellinore - on topping 100 !

mr.magoo

Just our luck, we had one cache all lined up for you to be your 100th. Since it's whole concept is a hack tribute to your placements, perhaps we'll continue as planned.

Congratulations Mad King Pellinore

[This message was edited by Team Ekitt10 on March 13, 2003 at 10:29 AM.]

The good King has been teetering on 99 for so long, I almost missed this! While I and obviously disappointed you didn't do revenge for 100, at least you finally got out and found some caches. Congrats on joining the century club! Too bad BassoonPilot has stated elsewhere the newbie bar has been raised from 100 to 500, so you and I both have a was to go yet. icon_biggrin.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Too bad BassoonPilot has stated elsewhere the newbie bar has been raised from 100 to 500, so you and I both have a was to go yet. icon_biggrin.gif

Wow, I thought when I reached 10 finds it was significant. 25 was great - and 50 was pretty surprising as well.

Let's not get *too* caught up in the numbers - I'm guessing Mopar was joking but there have been several forum posts where people obviously judged others by "find counts" (and weren't joking). Doesn't matter to me personally - but remember, we're all just keeping count of how many tupperware containers we've found in the woods! icon_wink.gif

Very cool that this game's getting so popular - and it's especially cool that people are recognizing these milestones, but watch the elitism bug! I'm psyched to see folks enjoying the outdoors, either with 2 or 2000 finds.

Ok - I'm off my soapbox (and I was just bummed Lake Dundee was archived) icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Too bad BassoonPilot has stated elsewhere the newbie bar has been raised from 100 to 500, so you and I both have a was to go yet. icon_biggrin.gif

Correction: I wrote "I heard that ... icon_wink.gif"

But since you brought it up, what with "cache saturation" and all these stinkin' locationless caches people insist on logging as real caches, it won't be long before the bar is raised to 1,000. icon_wink.gif

I guess I'm just a newbie, too.

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on March 13, 2003 at 01:56 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

Let's not get *too* caught up in the numbers - I'm guessing Mopar was joking but there have been several forum posts where people obviously judged others by "find counts" (and weren't joking). Doesn't matter to me personally - but remember, we're all just keeping count of how many tupperware containers we've found in the woods! icon_wink.gif

Yes, I was of course joking, but as you read the forums, I'm sure you guessed that. If I was REALLY concerned with the numbers, I would have to commit hare kare, since BassonPilot and I started around the same time. Truthfully, I often have to check my profile when the topic of numbers come up. I truly forget. Of course that could just be old age setting in! Even though I tease him in the forums, one of the greatest cachers I've ever talked to has 9 finds and 5 hides.

One find for him is greater then any 10 of mine. No, it's not about the numbers.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.