App on multiple devices

Mack336

We have Family Sharing for an iPhone and two iPods in the family. I have my own Apple ID and so do the kids on the iPods. Can I download the app (paid $9.99) on each device or do I need to buy it for each device? I already have it on my phone. We have been able to load all other apps on all the devices free of charge, but when I go into the App Store on one of the iPods it looks like we need to purchase it for each device.

To expand on what T.D.M.22 said, it isn't necessary to purchase the app multiple times. You can purchase it under one Apple ID, then sign into each device with that same Apple ID and download the already-purchased app. If any of the devices is using a different Apple ID, you would need to purchase it again under that ID.

Something to remember is that if you only temporarily sign into a device with one Apple ID to download the app, then switch it to another Apple ID, updates for the app won't install unless you enter the credentials for the Apple ID that purchased the app. For example:

-You purchase the app on your iPhone under Apple ID "A"

-An iPod typically uses Apple ID "B"

-You sign into the iPod with Apple ID "A" and download the app (no need to purchase it again here)

-You sign back into the iPod with Apple ID "B"

-When the app needs to update on the iPod, a dialog will pop up asking for the password for Apple ID "A", which originally purchased the app

To expand on what T.D.M.22 said, it isn't necessary to purchase the app multiple times. You can purchase it under one Apple ID, then sign into each device with that same Apple ID and download the already-purchased app. If any of the devices is using a different Apple ID, you would need to purchase it again under that ID.

Something to remember is that if you only temporarily sign into a device with one Apple ID to download the app, then switch it to another Apple ID, updates for the app won't install unless you enter the credentials for the Apple ID that purchased the app. For example:

-You purchase the app on your iPhone under Apple ID "A"

-An iPod typically uses Apple ID "B"

-You sign into the iPod with Apple ID "A" and download the app (no need to purchase it again here)

-You sign back into the iPod with Apple ID "B"

-When the app needs to update on the iPod, a dialog will pop up asking for the password for Apple ID "A", which originally purchased the app

Thanks. Had a meeting, and I didn't mean to hit the button.