You are getting close message and wasted tabs

I have the $10 app, but I use the intro if I'm not doing PocketQuery stuff.

When I'm doing a calendar grab in the morning, it's usually cold enough to warrant gloves. The "You are getting close" message drives me insane.

A coworker mentioned he likes the noise/message because he's usually with his kids who want to know they're close. But I'm happy with looking at the distance. Or just a noise without the modal pop-up. I've been resorting to using my nose to press 'ok' to get back to the compass - but I'm tired of it.

When the pop-up/noise happens is when I most want to be able to glance down and see where to do - it's usually time to turn/correct my approach. Instead I get a screen I have to click away - pretty annoying after hundreds of finds.. I really hope we see that turn into a setting, or a toast notification very soon

I'm also pretty disappointed there's NO configuration - but they have 2/4 of the tabs at the bottom pretty much useless (settings and more)

Kinda surprised an on/off button isn't in place, as both apps are supposedly going to merge in a week or two.

I believed the proximity alarm was for the Intro app, pretty-much for new players who maybe needed that notice they were getting close.

Maybe it'll be yet another pm feature...

Can see where the "one app for everybody", with that alarm unable to turn off, could get annoying. :)

Agreed! I usually have my earbuds in when I'm out and about, and having a podcast interrupted with an earsplitting *DING!* is beyond annoying (especially when I forget that it's about to happen, which is invariably).

Yes, I *know* I'm getting close! I've been staring at the damned arrow for the last five minutes! I've figured out for myself that when the distance number gets smaller, I am getting closer, thanks.

Let us have the option to turn it off, PLEASE.

OMG the getting close notification is annoying!

- I'm almost always looking intently on the screen as I approach GZ, and get surprised by a loud noise, plus have to dismiss the message to get back to what I was doing

- the loud noise is embarrassing when I'm trying to be stealthy!

And yes, thanks for nothing MtnMutt-ProDuckShins: I do mute when I remember — not that I should have to, but still have an annoying alert to dismiss.