The logbooks don't LIE!!!

SunCrushNJ

I just went back to the Belleplain State Forest with Trauma and his son Warren8. We did not have much luck on our own... but we went to the easy caches in the park for him to find himself. One of them struck me very odd... check my note out on this cache ... I wonder if Dr. WHo went with themagician and took the certain items and his trade item but didnt sign the log. Hmmmmm... Just thought I would post this. I realised after we left the area I should have taken a picture of the logbook to show proof.. but its right there if njski or Fro wants to go and check it out!! Just my thoughts...

Ummm... why don't you ask whomever left the WGs in there to check to see if anyone's logged them yet.

But, besides that, I do not understand exactly your concern. We all know anything we put in the cache is pretty much gone with the wind. Vandals, Mother Nature, or even cache hunters who don't post.

I DO understand why everyone was concerned about Dr, Who logging imagineary cache finds and how the log books collectively proved he wasn't there/anywhere at all.

I don't know the magician, but let me point out that if he had taken the WGs it still wouldn't be theft. If there's a rule that I'm unaware of that says you must swap equal money in and out of caches, then I'm afraid I'm in violation, too. The Where's George site's FAQ states that swapping bills in order to increase your count is a NO-NO, so I spend the bills when I take them.

If I had a WG stamper, I might do more, but I don't.icon_frown.gif

Just be glad the cache was still there and in one piece. In this case, the log book proves very little and we've enough solid ammo to these this guy with. We don't need to turn anything into a witch hunt

This Horse Writes

quote:
Originally posted by Greyflank:

Ummm... why don't you ask whomever left the WGs in there to check to see if anyone's logged them yet.

I left one of those WG bills. No, it has not been logged.

quote:
But, besides that, I do not understand exactly your concern. . . . I DO understand why everyone was concerned about Dr, Who logging imagineary cache finds and how the log books collectively proved he wasn't there/anywhere at all.

Dr. Who and themagician are the same person. This person is trying to launch a statewide geocaching group. He has stated that he is the the founder ,president, vice president,secretary, Sgt at arms of the NJGA. This despite that he has a sock puppet account that is causing problems in the state.

quote:
I don't know the magician, but let me point out that if he had taken the WGs it still wouldn't be theft.

When trading, one is supposed to trade up. One is not supposed to trade this item for that item, but then take the cash on top of the trade and not to log it. Is there a specific rule? Probably not.

Is it unethical? Does it fit a pattern? Those are the pressing questions.

I know SC and KenDawg. If they say there were WG bills in the cache, then there bills in the cache. There should have been bills in the cache for I left one.

quote:
In this case, the log book proves very little and we've enough solid ammo to these this guy with.

Well, the logbook brings attention to a problem. Is it conclusive proof of what happened? No. But given other issues, some folks have less benefit of the doubt to offer than others.

SC, I would check on the cache, but I do not know what that would glean.

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

Fro pretty much summed it up. just brought this attention to people in the geocaching community that knows about Dr. Who and themagician... I know for a fact that he does take the wg $1 out of caches so he can buy new cache containers and then he goes to PA and hides them. Then they get archived because he doent get permission. I dont remember which cache I think it was the Lake mummy snake Cache he even said he left a wG $1 and we were the next ones to the cache and no wg $1 in site.

Fro I was just saying if you wanted to double check what I was saying its in the log books out there. But i figured you would have believed me. Thanks... Happy GeoCaching!!