auto-archiving events

Has Geocaching.com considered auto-archiving events? Some hosts are very bad about archiving events in a timely manner. In my opinion, a timely manner is no longer than 2 weeks after the event was held. I feel that 2 weeks is plenty of time for cachers to log their attendance. I've been known to log "needs archived" on area events and some event hosts get really upset about this for some reason. I run an events only pocket query and I prefer to view the results on a map since I have the query go out to the max distance. I'll gladly travel several hours out of my home area to attend a CITO, but the map gets cluttered with events that have not yet been archived. Thoughts?

Edited by HockeyHiker19

Has Geocaching.com considered auto-archiving events? Some hosts are very bad about archiving events in a timely manner. In my opinion, a timely manner is no longer than 2 weeks after the event was held. I feel that 2 weeks is plenty of time for cachers to log their attendance. I've been known to log "needs archived" on area events and some event hosts get really upset about this for some reason. I run an events only pocket query and I prefer to view the results on a map since I have the query go out to the max distance. I'll gladly travel several hours out of my home area to attend a CITO, but the map gets cluttered with events that have not yet been archived. Thoughts?

Groundspeak Forums > Bug Reports and Feature Discussions > Website:

Suggestion : Auto archiving events

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=335717

B.