Hey NEPA!!! Where R Those Caches at????

Guest PeterNCrystal

Guest PeterNCrystal

eryone wants to find, but noone wants to hide any caches.

What's going on here?

We really need to see some more adventure around here, come on... we are The Pocono Mountains. There is so much beautiful, scenic area around here, it's almost impossible NOT to know a place to hide one. I will be putting up 3 in the next month or so..... Anyway... I have faith in all of you... Also, i was thinking of starting a club for us in our area, if anyone is interested-----Email me- oo_drinkinpro_oo@yahoo.com

Crystal

------------------

Guest Rich in NEPA

Howdy, Crystal. We're just getting going up here in the northeast (The Land That Time Forgot), but if you type in the Zip Code 18512 (for Scranton), you'll see that there is at least 10 caches within 10 miles of each other. There are 4 alone in Lackwanna State Park near Dalton. Another great Web site to check every now and then is this one: http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/pennsylvania.shtml It gives you a nice visual representation of the location of all caches in and around PA. Good cache hunting!

~Rich in NEPA~

quote:
Originally posted by PeterNCrystal:

eryone wants to find, but noone wants to hide any caches.

What's going on here?

We really need to see some more adventure around here, come on... we are The Pocono Mountains. There is so much beautiful, scenic area around here, it's almost impossible NOT to know a place to hide one. I will be putting up 3 in the next month or so..... Anyway... I have faith in all of you... Also, i was thinking of starting a club for us in our area, if anyone is interested-----Email me- oo_drinkinpro_oo@yahoo.com

Crystal

------------------

I spend a lot time in the Poconos in the summertime. I would love to more caches out there especially near Promise Land SP, Tobyhanna SP and Hickory Run SP. When I get out there this summer I will be placing some also.

GeoGuru

As a newbie I have only begun to Geocache NEPA but I am ready to go. True there are quite a few Caches already in place but the potential is there for many, many more.

I need to get a few more finds under my belt to get the feel but already have several New Caches in mind to place. Working on some variations as I hike, MtBike & also take the camper on outings too.

I suspect once the weather really breaks you will see it Explode around here as there are plenty of spots.

If you think you have it tough, check out Central Pennsylvania. Harrisburg/Lancaster/York areas are loaded, but when time is a factor, the 1.5 hour drive can be too much. I'm planning on many mini-vacations to SE and SW PA this Spring, just to experience some of those caches.

I've hid three caches near State College since Christmas (2 more are planned) and nobody else has hid any! I'm expecting more local ones as soon as we get some longer periods of decent weather.

It's called Twin Tin Tin and you'll have to look it up, since it has not yet been approved, so I'd rather not post the URL just yet. (I have every confidence that it will get approved, though!) icon_wink.gif

SO, caches ARE popping up all over. Several were placed within 10 miles of my house over the last month alone!

EDIT: 3/24/02 icon_cool.gif It was approved! here is th link to Twin Tin Tin

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on March 24, 2002 at 06:56 PM.]

It's called Twin Tin Tin and you'll have to look it up, since it has not yet been approved, so I'd rather not post the URL just yet. (I have every confidence that it will get approved, though!) icon_wink.gif

SO, caches ARE popping up all over. Several were placed within 10 miles of my house over the last month alone!

EDIT: 3/24/02 icon_cool.gif It was approved! here is th link to Twin Tin Tin

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

EDIT: 3/24/02 icon_cool.gif It was approved! here is th link to http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=17643

-----

http://users.beanstalk.net/jsk/images/dartfrogsmall.jpg _Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious._

Wow! Your cache had a busy first day. I'll be sure to look for it next time I get down that way. I found three in the area on an earlier trip this winter. Keep em coming!

Smoochnme

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

EDIT: 3/24/02 icon_cool.gif It was approved! here is th link to http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=17643

-----

http://users.beanstalk.net/jsk/images/dartfrogsmall.jpg _Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious._

Wow! Your cache had a busy first day. I'll be sure to look for it next time I get down that way. I found three in the area on an earlier trip this winter. Keep em coming!

Smoochnme