Help For Those Who Visit

T0SHEA

Quite a while ago B came up with this idea and I have, until a couple of days ago, been forgetting to implement it. The idea is simply to ad a URL to the bottom of the long description which goes something like:

"Tour Chester through Waymarking", which was attached to the visitor centre waymark in Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada.

The idea is to provide a link to the "Waymark Search Results" for the area/town/etc. in question, allowing the reader to quickly search the area for nearby waymarks. Now click on the hotspot on the line below:

Tour Chester through Waymarking

and you'll see the result.

The code for the line is as follows:

"<center>

<p><span style="font:700 16px Arial">

Tour <A target="_blank" HREF="URL Goes Here" title="Open in new tab" style="text-decoration:none">TOWN Name Goes Here</A> through Waymarking</span></p>

</center>"

You are welcome to use it if you wish as I'm suggesting here that others use this, or something similar, as well. If you don't use HTML, this could be a good excuse to start. Too, it can be done without HTML by just adding a description and the link.

I intend to attach this to waymarks for "iconic" buildings or places in each town in which we waymark, such as visitor centers, town halls, post offices and probably historic places, as well. Afterward, any waymark visitors who arrive at a place where BK-Hunters have been need only look at the town hall, post office, etc. waymark to get a list of the nearby waymarks. Now what I need to do is go back and update all our old post offices and such. B has, for the most part, done the same for older visitor centre waymarks.

This could also be really handy for the waymark posters who haven't done their homework and wish to avoid wasting camera clicks on a national historic site that has already been waymarked.