Missing TB and ho nows

PeYoPla

Since 29-11-2014 our TB Toby is in the hands of the cacher JTDOutdoors and despite several email messages and does not JTDOutdoors in the air. He is still active as a cacher has also placed caches (GC3JMQ4 and GC3FDJE) but can somebody him and would him to contact him again drops the TB Tobby so he can travel further.

Thanks (Peter) Team PeYoPla Netherlands

It happens all the time and to the most seasoned cachers. You pick up a Travel Bug of your own free will. By doing so you enter into a contract with the Travel Bug owner. You agree to move the Travel Bug along to another cache within a reasonable amount of time. If you loose it or it becomes damaged, admit it and offer to replace it.

If your not willing to do all these things then leave the Travel Bug for the next cacher.

If you loose it or it becomes damaged, admit it

That's a good plan! If you know what happened to any long-lost Trackable item, log it (Note log is fine). I don't expect people to replace my TBs, and I'm preparing a revived version to release when it looks like the original has stalled. But let the Owner know. If the Owner arrives here in the Forum asking what's going on, you're taking too long communicating the info.

I lose my own TBs :anicute:. I've been lucky to always find them again (TB fell between car seats or whatever). So, it happens.

Grab it from his inventory and make a copy to re-release ... you own the tracking number.

I like this idea very much. I have one question. Lets say you grab it from where ever and release a proxy and the original pops up again 5 months later. What do you do then?

It's quite simple really. When you release a proxy, edit the TB's homepage so people know it has been done. Now, let's say your proxy/copy has been dropped in Mickey Mouse in Orlando and you discover that the original has resurfaced and has been logged into Bugs Bunny in Arizona. You know the proxy is in MM so you write a note in the logs for MM asking the next person to find the proxy to please destroy it as the original has re-surfaced. You also post a note on the TB's page to the same effect, mentioning that the original has resurfaced. Once someone let's you know they have destroyed the proxy then re-edit the TB homepage back to the original.

Grab it from his inventory and make a copy to re-release ... you own the tracking number.

I like this idea very much. I have one question. Lets say you grab it from where ever and release a proxy and the original pops up again 5 months later. What do you do then?

It's quite simple really. When you release a proxy, edit the TB's homepage so people know it has been done. Now, let's say your proxy/copy has been dropped in Mickey Mouse in Orlando and you discover that the original has resurfaced and has been logged into Bugs Bunny in Arizona. You know the proxy is in MM so you write a note in the logs for MM asking the next person to find the proxy to please destroy it as the original has re-surfaced. You also post a note on the TB's page to the same effect, mentioning that the original has resurfaced. Once someone let's you know they have destroyed the proxy then re-edit the TB homepage back to the original.

How dose the mileage work? or will that be skewed? I assume you have done this many times. How do you find getting the proxy destroyed?

How dose the mileage work? or will that be skewed? I assume you have done this many times. How do you find getting the proxy destroyed?

Yes, I assume the mileage would be affected, but you could always delete any logs to reset it if you wished, but most cachers wouldn't appreciate you deleting their logs ... less important for a TB than a cache IMHO.

No, I've only released one proxy for a coin of mine which went missing from the first cache I placed it in, so mileage isn't a concern in this particular case. However, I have made proxies for 17 other people's TB's and released them in caches local to me in Scotland, that will have affected the mileages, but personally having the TB in circulation is more important to me than the mileages it covers ... however, it would be a simple process to keep a note of the mileage clocked up by the original, then ditto for the proxy etc., either or both could be included on the TB's webpage for anyone who might be interested in either.

As yet I have never had to ask someone to destroy a copy, but I did come across a log somewhere (I cannot remember where, forum thread I think) where this was what happened ... but let's face it, in reality, there aint many TB's that are going to resurface after going MIA, I know it does happen, but it's an incredibly small percentage that re-appear.

Yes, I assume the mileage would be affected, but you could always delete any logs to reset it if you wished, but most cachers wouldn't appreciate you deleting their logs ... less important for a TB than a cache IMHO.

No, I've only released one proxy for a coin of mine which went missing from the first cache I placed it in, so mileage isn't a concern in this particular case. However, I have made proxies for 17 other people's TB's and released them in caches local to me in Scotland, that will have affected the mileages, but personally having the TB in circulation is more important to me than the mileages it covers ... however, it would be a simple process to keep a note of the mileage clocked up by the original, then ditto for the proxy etc., either or both could be included on the TB's webpage for anyone who might be interested in either.

As yet I have never had to ask someone to destroy a copy, but I did come across a log somewhere (I cannot remember where, forum thread I think) where this was what happened ... but let's face it, in reality, there aint many TB's that are going to resurface after going MIA, I know it does happen, but it's an incredibly small percentage that re-appear.

Thank you for the idea.

Thank you for the idea.

You are very welcome ... I particularly like the trackables side of the game and will happily help anyone if/when I can.