Frustration with TB's that are not in caches

Lubby25

Just checking my PQ on GSAK, and I notice at least 2 dozen trackables marked as missing. Many different caches, many different owners, some of the TB's were mine!

Since there are so many, I am assuming GC must have a system that is "sweeping" TB's out of caches if they haven't been logged in a long time.

Anyone know anything about this?

Nope.

I know that at least one Reviewer in my State has removed trackables from inventories on their own (when they have nothing else going on I guess).

Have heard of similar in other States.

A Lackey/Mod or two do the same.

Just checking my PQ on GSAK, and I notice at least 2 dozen trackables marked as missing. Many different caches, many different owners, some of the TB's were mine!

Since there are so many, I am assuming GC must have a system that is "sweeping" TB's out of caches if they haven't been logged in a long time.

Anyone know anything about this?

Nope.

I know that at least one Reviewer in my State has removed trackables from inventories on their own (when they have nothing else going on I guess).

Have heard of similar in other States.

A Lackey/Mod or two do the same.

Just remembered one started a thread on bulk mark missing, and thought it was a good idea.

Cleans up inventories that really needed it (some for years).

Be interesting if TPTB thought so too. :)

Cool indeed. I just did a refresh on a list of 59 active caches, and 43 TBs went from present to not present. I wish they had logged the change, as it took me a few minutes to track down this thread and figure out why this happened all of a sudden. But the sweep removed a lot of TBs which have been, well, bugging me for years because the CO and the TBO either are inactive or refuse to mark them missing -- mostly the former, as these caches were all placed in 2003 or before.

Edward