TB beeing hold for almoast a year now

AlGaAlOz

We have released our TB in August 2011.

He traveled 34413 km and was picked by a user im May 2015 (in New Mexico, USA). From this point, this user holds our TB and is not releasing it.

I have tried to contact the user 2 or 3 times, but he is not answering messages (GC messenger or mail).

Any idea what else I can do to get in touch with the user so he releases our TB?

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

He traveled 34413 km and was picked by a user im May 2015 (in New Mexico, USA). From this point, this user holds our TB and is not releasing it.

I have tried to contact the user 2 or 3 times, but he is not answering messages (GC messenger or mail).

Any idea what else I can do to get in touch with the user so he releases our TB?

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

Try to contact HorseGirl10109, she found some caches together with GWC5.

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

Will try that, thank you....

Regards

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

Will try that, thank you....

Regards

If that fails, "grab" it from their inventory and make a proxy/copy and re-release it ... you own the tracking code number and are entitled to do this.

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

If the TB is moving, I don't see any harm in that. I released a TB seven years ago and during the last year or so, the TB traveled to North Africa, and Spain with one geocacher.

Edited by jeepdelfuego

Or we can form a TB Brute Squad. Nothing physical, just mass flooding his/her inbox with RELEASE THE HOSTAGE! :D

This would be considered harassment and is against the terms of use of the geocaching.com website. Please read the terms of use here.

Obviously, I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but I think when TAF posted that message (with the inclusion of the smiley face) he/she was joking. Although I have to agree that DOING it would obviously be harassment (something I'd never take part in,) I'd like to think that having a laugh about it is simply freedom of speech.

I've got one that's been missing since August 2013.

The family that has it (and 4 other travelers) is now inactive.

They never responded to my e-mails.

I'm going to re-release it and send it on it's way again and see how far it gets.

TB's are hit and miss. 4 of the 6 I have released into the wild are missing.

I do have one that has traveled 26,515 kms so far in only a few hops.

Thanks in advance.

AlGaAlOz

If the TB is moving, I don't see any harm in that. I released a TB seven years ago and during the last year or so, the TB traveled to North Africa, and Spain with one geocacher.

The problem is that the TB is NOT moving, and holder is not responding to e-mail or messages over geocaching.com