Geocaching Apps for Iphone

I have been using the full app for about two years and still discover some surprising feature now and then. However, since it does not include messaging capability, I added the free version. Two questions - when with the paid app include messaging, and how do I delete messages when they are no longer relevant? I have deleted them on the website but they remain in the free app.

Thanks

...when with the paid app include messaging...

Short answer: it won't.

Long answer: Groundspeak is gradually working toward consolidating the two apps (Intro and paid) into a single app. They've been focusing most of their development work on the current Intro app for a while now, adding new features like the Message Center and transferring over capabilities from the current paid app like (partial) trackable support. At some unknown point in the future, the current paid app will effectively be abandoned, and the current Intro app will be the sole app for everyone.

Here's a Help Center article about this decision.

...how do I delete messages when they are no longer relevant? I have deleted them on the website but they remain in the free app.

There's no way to truly delete messages. All you can do is hide the conversations. However, it appears that the Message Center in the Intro app doesn't include the ability to hide conversations like it does on the website. I just did a test, and I also saw that hiding a conversation on the website has no effect in the app. Both the app and the Message Center are still works-in-progress, so I expect this will get fixed over time.

Thanks A-team! I just discovered the Intro App and LOVE that it supports my apple watch. I imagine I'll be using both at the same time quite a lot. Looking forward to the eventual merging of the two. Please give the dev team high fives all the way round for us. Great job so far!

Tony & Laura

ps on that Comparison Grid , there's no mention of Apple Watch support. That should probably be noted.

At some unknown point in the future, the current paid app will effectively be abandoned, and the current Intro app will be the sole app for everyone.

Here's a Help Center article about this decision.

Thanks A-team! I just discovered the Intro App and LOVE that it supports my apple watch. I imagine I'll be using both at the same time quite a lot. Looking forward to the eventual merging of the two. Please give the dev team high fives all the way round for us. Great job so far!

Tony & Laura

ps on that Comparison Grid , there's no mention of Apple Watch support. That should probably be noted.

To be clear, I'm not a Groundspeak employee. I'm just a regular cacher who spends far too much time around here and has a good knowledge of what's going on. :lol:

Tony & Laura

To be clear, I'm not a Groundspeak employee. I'm just a regular cacher who spends far too much time around here and has a good knowledge of what's going on. :lol:

I am getting back into cashing and was unhappy to find out about the new app for iPhone. Since the old paid app was so good, why did they want to create a new app that is not as good? If they wanted to have a free app, why didn't they just make the old app free?