Making a geocache event

To list caches on geocaching.com they will have to have some degree of permanency, they won't be allowed if they are going to be temporary. I'd suggest you place some permanent caches in the area of your event then ask your local reviewer to publish them on the day your event is going to happen.

I am thinking of making a geocache event

i have never been to one but i have an idea on how to make one.

is there a way to hide a load of geocaches just for an event, and have them within 161 meters of another cache. Or do i have to that out of geocaching.com

thanks so much

Olly

Less that 161 meters will not likely get Published.

I am thinking of making a geocache event

i have never been to one but i have an idea on how to make one.

is there a way to hide a load of geocaches just for an event, and have them within 161 meters of another cache. Or do i have to that out of geocaching.com

thanks so much

Olly

Reading the Guidelines is highly recommended before hosting an event, as well as before placing caches through Groundspeak's site.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

The Help Center section "Hiding a Geocache" has tons of information:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

B.

Hi i know the guidelines for listing an event, but would i have to hide my own caches outside of the geocaching website so i can put a lot of them in a small area

Basically, that is correct. Your other option is to use the Multi cache type for your intended caches. There is no proximity restrictions within a single Multi Listing. You can have Stages of the Multi as close together as you like. You, of course, would have to have the Listing active for a minimum time as outlined in the Guidelines. Temporary caches are not allowed.

To follow up on this thread, I am also interested in doing what the OP proposes. However, the guidelines under Event Caches say we are not supposed to have an event to gather geocachers together to find geocaches. Does this mean, we are not supposed to go out to find existing, official geocaches? I can understand why it could be a problem if you have hordes of people out near permanent caches. But, to be perfectly clear, we ARE allowed to list an Event, and then as part of that Event, the organizers have hidden some UNofficial, UNlisted caches for the attendees to look for, just on that day? They would be removed after the Event. That's OK, right?