"Member Since" date incorrect after name change

Kaitlyn

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me...

I became a member of Geocaching.com on May 18, 2014 when I found my first cache. I signed up under a different name back then, and have since changed my username. However, I have noticed that my "member since" date is now incorrect - it shows some date in 2013. Now every once in a while I will get an email saying that someone has asked to reset my password, even though I didn't - I assume that I took some inactive user's username lol. I think that the 2013 date is the date that the old user first became a member. Is there any way I can change my date to the correct date? I know some challenge caches look at this date - eg. find a cache published the same day that you became a member, etc. Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me...

I became a member of Geocaching.com on May 18, 2014 when I found my first cache. I signed up under a different name back then, and have since changed my username. However, I have noticed that my "member since" date is now incorrect - it shows some date in 2013. Now every once in a while I will get an email saying that someone has asked to reset my password, even though I didn't - I assume that I took some inactive user's username lol. I think that the 2013 date is the date that the old user first became a member. Is there any way I can change my date to the correct date? I know some challenge caches look at this date - eg. find a cache published the same day that you became a member, etc. Thanks

Unless the policy has changed, no user name is ever deleted. I would suggest you contact Groundspeak directly via the help center - at the bottom of the home page.

How did you 'change your username?

Was it via http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=115

2.23. Username Change

If you want to change your username, you can do this yourself through the following steps:

Log into your Geocaching.com account and click on the arrow in upper right corner. Select "Account Settings."

In the "Profile Information" tab, you can type a new username in the "Username" field.

Click on "Save Changes" to save your new username.

The 'system' wont allow a name to be re-used...

If a username already exists and has ever been validated, or the username has been used in any way, then the username is not available.

Previous answer of contacting Groundspeak is probably the best.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

How did you 'change your username?

Was it via http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=115

2.23. Username Change

If you want to change your username, you can do this yourself through the following steps:

Log into your Geocaching.com account and click on the arrow in upper right corner. Select "Account Settings."

In the "Profile Information" tab, you can type a new username in the "Username" field.

Click on "Save Changes" to save your new username.

The 'system' wont allow a name to be re-used...

If a username already exists and has ever been validated, or the username has been used in any way, then the username is not available.

Previous answer of contacting Groundspeak is probably the best.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

Yes, I think it was through that method.

Okay thanks everyone, I'll try contacting.