Problems Submitting Logs

Streetstock96

Has anyone else out there having trouble submitting logs today? When I hit the submit log button, the computer just sits there until I get an unable to reach page message. After that I can't get anything until I leave the site and come back on. Then guess what, my log shows up but my find count stays the same and any trackables that I have moved are still showing as being in my possession. What the hell goes on on this website anyway???

Has anyone else out there having trouble submitting logs today? When I hit the submit log button, the computer just sits there until I get an unable to reach page message. After that I can't get anything until I leave the site and come back on. Then guess what, my log shows up but my find count stays the same and any trackables that I have moved are still showing as being in my possession. What the hell goes on on this website anyway???

I'm seeing the same issue. Rebooted my PC to make sure it was not my problem I guess we hold our entries until the problem clears. It would be nice if there were an announcement from the webmaster confirming that there IS a problem and that they are aware of it and trying to fix it

YES!!!! Thank god! I have been struggling with this for a couple of hours. Thought it was just me.

Don't need to reboot... just need to close and reopen your browser. But the POST may or may not have gone through. In my experience, geocache logs did, but trackable logs are not posting.

Happens in both Firefox and Chrome.

I finally have all my dozen caches logged after closing my browser and reopening it several minutes later. GS must have updated because my notification of new caches in my email shows up with double spacing. Something must have gone wrong in the update. Hope they get it fixed quickly.

The "report this post" function is for bringing forum problems to the attention of a moderator, not for escalating website bugs. As a volunteer moderator, there is not a whole lot I can do to make the server hamsters run any faster in Seattle while I'm sitting in my Lazy Boy recliner in Pittsburgh.

The "report this post" function is for bringing forum problems to the attention of a moderator, not for escalating website bugs. As a volunteer moderator, there is not a whole lot I can do to make the server hamsters run any faster in Seattle while I'm sitting in my Lazy Boy recliner in Pittsburgh.

Cute hamster reference, but are they aware of the problem? That is what people really want to know. The website tells us to direct problem reports here, but then we don't get any confirmation that the post has been read by anybody that can make a difference.

Another related question... can a moderator escalate a website bug report better than we can? Also are not some moderators also on the development team?

The problem has been identified and corrected. Logging should be back to normal now. Please reply here if you see otherwise!

Just successfully posted a trackable log. Thanks!

PS: In the future, what is the quickest way to get attention to a problem like this? To be honest, posting here feels pretty random. Maybe somebody sees it, maybe somebody doesn't. Took us about 3 hours to get any feedback that you knew about it.