Communicator Plug Ins

Mallah

It would appear all browsers are moving towards removing support for communicator plug ins rendering the 'save to gps' option redundant on the website. I use a Garmin and Chrome but after searching MANY threads about it the suggestions about using other browsers are slowly being cut off by the same scenario as each eventually cuts support or prevents access etc.

Can GC advise what is being done to the website to reflect this?

Thanks

Mallah

(Garmin GPSMAP 62s, Win 10 [brand new pc], Chrome & Edge)

Actually it isn't GS's problem to fix. It is Garmin continuing to use a system for its plug-in that has been showed to have security problems and not updating to current standards. There are a number of work arounds where HHL pointed but the basic problem will have to wait until Garmin decides to solve it.

My issue is I don't pay Garmin to be a premium member here, and I want something for my money other than PQ's and PMO caches. Without perks I'm just a well being a basic member again. <_<

Actually it isn't GS's problem to fix. It is Garmin continuing to use a system for its plug-in that has been showed to have security problems and not updating to current standards. There are a number of work arounds where HHL pointed but the basic problem will have to wait until Garmin decides to solve it.

Just found this

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={50cacee0-ed07-11e4-dfa6-000000000000}

However I think IE has now dropped it as well? Oh well, perhaps they will take note once FF drops it.