upload pictures

jettebel

Hello,

i've got a question.

When I logged a cache there is an option to upload pictures.

BUT! one at the time.

I write most of the time very big logs with sometimes 20 pictures.

Can you change the option to upload more pictures at the same time?

I hope that my englisch writing is good. :)

dear regards,

Jettebel

I use the old faithful GSAK.

You can load multiple photos on that, and publish them in one go, you still need add them one at a time, however it is far quicker than uploading them one at a time via the webpage

Is there an option to enter the date so that one does need to change it manually for every single photo not uploaded on the day of the cache visit?

Personally, I hate this editing step much more than the upload step. What makes things worse is that the site often suffers a big time lag and when one finds a typo and opens the edit field a second time one needs to start from scratch, otherwise the old date gets saved. Adding photos to logs and getting everything correct is really a very annoying thing and I'm often months behind with adding photos for that reason.

Edited by cezanne

Is there an option to enter the date so that one does need to change it manually for every single photo not uploaded on the day of the cache visit?

Personally, I hate this editing step much more than the upload step. What makes things worse is that the site often suffers a big time lag and when one finds a typo and opens the edit field a second time one needs to start from scratch, otherwise the old date gets saved. Adding photos to logs and getting everything correct is really a very annoying thing and I'm often months behind with adding photos for that reason.

I've asked for that several times, but it still defaults to the current date rather than the log date. It would be an easy fix, so I have to assume the idea has been quietly rejected, which is unfortunate.

What I find most annoying about going back and editing the dates is that the order of the photos isn't preserved. For example, let's say I go home tonight and upload a bunch of photos to some logs from January 1. Each time I upload one, I immediately edit the photo to change the date to January 1 before I do anything else. When I'm done and go to look at my gallery (after waiting some time, because the changes seem to take some time to take effect), the photos are displayed in a seemingly random order for January 1.

A bulk upload feature would be great, but only if it gave an option to set a date for the batch. Either that, or fix the default date issue.

Bulk upload ...without captions? Bad idea if so.

Why would I want to click on "P0020105"? Or "C:\WINDOWS\Users\SuperCacher\Pictures\P0101024"? Or whatever default name the system would use...

Perhaps Groundspeak and I actually agree on something, and they actually want to encourage quality over quantity. Maybe that's why they haven't done this. Yet.

Bulk upload ...without captions? Bad idea if so.

Why would I want to click on "P0020105"? Or "C:\WINDOWS\Users\SuperCacher\Pictures\P0101024"? Or whatever default name the system would use...

Perhaps Groundspeak and I actually agree on something, and they actually want to encourage quality over quantity. Maybe that's why they haven't done this. Yet.

I agree, a bulk upload that just uses the filename would not be desirable.

The bulk upload tool I envision would be similar to that used by Facebook. You feed it a number of images, and it then presents you with an interface displaying thumbnails of all of the images, with fields on each where you can add a description or caption. Once you're finished adding the descriptions, you click a button to save them all.

I would really really really like to bulk upload photos as well!

When I upload photos with my logs, I now first resize them (otherwise it takes ages to upload, since all my photos are way too big) and at the same time I rename them so I don't need to add a caption anymore when adding it to a log.

So after resizing and changing names it would be great if at least the uploading can be done in bulk. This would really save me so much time and hassle.

I don't think that it's such a big deal when people upload photos without changing the name first, so if the by A-Team suggested solution isn't possible, then I hope it won't be a reason not to implement a bulk photo upload possibility. A log with photos with numbers instead of captions is a lot better than a log without photos.

Great new feature suggestion and I hope it will be implemented!

If they wanted to encourage quality, they certainly should not make it that tiresome to at least have the right date for the photos. Editing the photos is very slow - even if I use a connection which is really fast for every other site.

If they wanted to encourage quality, they certainly should not make it that tiresome to at least have the right date for the photos.

I support this view. It shouldn't be difficult to implement using the log date as a default one for uploaded pictures or alternatively just reusing the date set for the previous uploaded picture. I think it would also benefit Groundspeak as changing the date after uploading a picture requires 2 additional web pages with the picture in it thus inducing an additional workload on the servers and the network connections!