Find nearby events

firennice

On the search page https://www.geocaching.com/play/search

There is a link for "find nearby events"

if I click on it, it shows the recent events. However when I just clicked on the link, it did not show todays event. It did show up if I selected the "Show Past Events" bar at the top of the search. It would be nice if it showed up the entire day before dropping off into the "past events".

I've been investigating and seeing some buggy behavior, but not exactly what you are reporting. If I use the promoted search for events and change the filter to Germany, for example, then sort by ascending date, the list of events is populated at the top by caches labeled as "Past", even though the "Show Past Events" filter is still operating to hide events with a date prior to today. It seems to me that the label is being determined by UTC (it is tomorrow east of the Prime Meridian right now), but using the local server to determine what should be hidden behind the "Past Events" filter.

Is there any chance that this is what you saw? If not, can you provide a set of repro steps to get what you are reporting?