S.Jersey hydrocache event?

Mopar

I have noticed there seems to be a fair number of paddle only, or paddle accessible cache down in the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. Is there any interest in maybe creating a hydrocache only event this summer? I know alot of you guys own kayaks or canoes, how about maybe a nice easy paddle thru the pines for some caches and a picnic at the end? With a enough people involved we could ferry all the cars to the finish easy enough. So, what's everyone think?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

It's a great idea, and I'd love to come, but I still think you're all wet. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll keep and eye on this thread to see where it goes, and if I can make it, I'll check about snaggin a ride with someone. I don't own a canoe, but I have canoed before, and wouldn't mind doing some again. It's a long drive for me to Jersey, though.....

Nothing to see here, move along.

Like I said, hydrocaching seems to be picking up this year. Just noticed 2 new hydrocaches:

Goose Island

Let's play Blind man's Bluff & I'll Root for You

Anyone want to suggest a date for an event?

I've been told if possible, the uber-hydrocacher and Watcher-programmer ClayJar might even travel up for this.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

[/list

GC6 is another recently placed hydrocache. And Hartclimb's One If By Land can be done via boat, or land as can my own A Walk In The Park (in fact it would be a lot easier by boat) and the Artful Dodger's Passaic Hideaway. The last two can be bagged on one trip, as they are both on the banks of the Passaic River about 3 miles apart. The two would make for a nice day trip.

How about some weekend in July for the S. Jersey trip? My June weekends are pretty booked.

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on June 03, 2003 at 12:22 PM.]

I think this is a great idea. Thanks for your note to me Mopar. I have two water caches placed so far and ideas for more. I have to get Coast Guard approval for one and The US Navy has to approve the other but am hopful. One will require some deep sea equipment and the other a submarine. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Have been outfitting my kayak and will soon undertake some more. Will be in touch....luvs2yak

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten LOST!!

quote:
Originally posted by SunCrush:

icon_biggrin.gif Can I ride in a canoe with Mopar... so I can push him off when he looks for the cache.. and I can boost that I foudn it first!!! heheheh

That sounds good to me!!! LOL icon_cool.gif

Mickey225...converting people to geocaching one GPS at a time!