Looks like a scam

rjb43nh

I got the message from Sutherland8367

I have also received from Connor3924.

add Ward3361

Add Richmond9772 to the list :mad:

Each of these accounts are already locked, as are all of the others created for spamming yesterday. As noted above, there's no need to report additional account names.

You can click on the "x" in the message sent to you, in order to hide the conversation. You'll never see it again unless you try to send a message back to that account.

I don't see any X ? And I'm not clicking on the dadgum thing.

I have seven on the Message Center I can't get rid of! When is GS going to delete this crap? You give us NO option to exterminate these cockroaches.

Darren5690

Magana4931

Ward3369

Abel1126

Schroeder3473

Holden9498

Bailey4189

Edited by rustynails.

I have seven on the Message Center I can't get rid of! When is GS going to delete this crap? You give us NO option to exterminate these cockroaches.

Darren5690

Magana4931

Ward3369

Abel1126

Schroeder3473

Holden9498

Bailey4189

If you click on the message in the left frame of the Message centre a little red cross in a circle appears, click that and it will hide the message. Doing this is safe, just make sure you don't click on the link within the message.

I hope, and expect, that GS will go through the messages in the message centre and delete them all "under the hood" but right now their efforts will be concentrated on making sure no new attacks get through.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=336774&pid=5558201&st=0entry5558201

This weekend, an individual created multiple geocaching accounts in order to spam users through the Message Center. We wanted the geocaching community to know that we have banned all accounts associated with this spam activity.

It is no longer necessary to report these spam accounts to Geocaching HQ.

We recommend geocachers use the "Block User" or "Hide Conversation" features in Message Center to hide the conversations from these now banned users. Do NOT click on any of the links included in the message. It may involve malware.

Even though the accounts are now banned from Geoaching.com, geocachers may continue to receive email notifications resulting from these messages for a few hours. At Geocaching HQ, we will be discussing ways to prevent this from happening again.

Darren5690

Magana4931

Ward3369

Abel1126

Schroeder3473

Holden9498

Bailey4189

LOL. I had no problems removing them from my message center.