Buying Travel Bugs in Canada

playr2

Many Canadian geocachers know that there are few retail outlets that sell geocaching supplies and trackables, except for some online stores. I believe Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) is in a position with stores across Canada and many customers who geocache to sell travel bugs. MEC already carries other products that are often used for geocaching including GPS devices, waterproof logbooks (write-in-rain), and containers of various sizes. MEC is very open to suggestions from their members, so I sent an email to suggest that they look into offering travel bugs. They agreed and sent the idea to the Buying and Design department for consideration.

What I am asking of you is that if you would likely buy travel bugs or other trackables from MEC that you also send a quick message to them, to show that there is interest in these products. MEC has the resources to buy existing tags in bulk, or purchase codes from Groundspeak to sell MEC brand trackables.

Simply fill in the form on this link saying you would like to be able to buy geocaching supplies at MEC and hopefully they will be able to offer these products for the spring or summer season. https://www.mec.ca/AST/ContentPrimary/AboutMEC/ContactUs.jsp#email

Thanks!