garmin 62st will not talk to my pc but use to

paragliderman

i have a problem and not sure how to fix it . i have a old lap top on vista and runs an old version of chrome and my gps does communicate ok with it.

but my windows7 based pc used to comunicate to the gps then chrome and firefox and others change things to make the it safer to use the web .i belive since then i plug the gps in and the computer does not even know its there, i have down loaded the plugin from garmin still no go its getting to a point i belive its the windows7 based pc and chrome that have caused the connection problem , but how do i sort it please help in easy to understand computer garble.

cheers steve

i have a problem and not sure how to fix it . i have a old lap top on vista and runs an old version of chrome and my gps does communicate ok with it.

but my windows7 based pc used to comunicate to the gps then chrome and firefox and others change things to make the it safer to use the web .i belive since then i plug the gps in and the computer does not even know its there, i have down loaded the plugin from garmin still no go its getting to a point i belive its the windows7 based pc and chrome that have caused the connection problem , but how do i sort it please help in easy to understand computer garble.

Do a search on this forum for "communicator plugin" and all will be clear.

Internet explorer and Firefox still will work with the send to GPS function.

The send to GPS is not a Groundspeak issue. It is an issue with the GPS manufacturer and the web browsers. Chrome stopped allowing add on's.

Firefox and IE 11 still do. I use a Delorme PN60. My windows 7 laptop

Just died. So I went and bought a new laptop computer with Windows 10.

The new browser from Microsoft, Edge (the new browser)also will not allow add on's.

But I can run Firefox and IE 11 and still use the send to function.

You may also need to make sure that the USB port is turned on.

I have never had that problem, but for some reason some people

Are having it. For some reason that port is getting turned off.

Edited by Mn-treker