Name changes

Hello everyone,

I started my geocaching account when I was about 9 years old, and I named myself "Dragons25".

The name is fine and all, but it's pretty random and I would like a name that reflects me better.

I was thinking something along the lines of 'RadioactiveToads' and I was wondering what other people would think of it.

If I choose this name I figured I could take plastic frogs and spray-paint the hazard symbol on it for a signature swag item.

Suggestions for names would also be appreciated.

Here are some things about me to see if anyone has a brilliant idea.

I love animals, particularly herpetological animals (reptiles and amphibians), I like nature, and science. My first name is Evan and my last name starts with a G.

Thanks in advance.

I agree on the singular thing (Toad instead of Toads). I think RadioactiveToad(s) is fine, although it seems a bit long for signing logs. What about ToxicToad?

The themed swag sounds like a great idea.

I like that idea, except that it makes me think of poison dart frogs, which was not what I going for.

Nice suggestion though!

I could also just sign it RToad

Edited by Dragons25

For me, Radioactive Toad seems to have a little better ring to it than Radioactive Frog. Of course either are good in my book! :P

I agree.

For me, Radioactive Toad seems to have a little better ring to it than Radioactive Frog. Of course either are good in my book! :P

Besides, we already have a Radio Active Frog - Signal! :anitongue:

Ha!

Edited by Dragons25

I love the name "RadioactiveToad," and absolutely love your profile pic drawing!! I wish gc.com displayed profile pics larger on profile pages. I also love that you are giving so much thought to your geocaching name and towards developing a unique, interesting, memorable "identity" in the geocaching universe. There was a time when the geocaching profile page did have a larger profile pic as well as other things to help users customize their profile page; maybe someday it'll become more like that again, as I'm personally not a fan of the changes.

I love the name "RadioactiveToad," and absolutely love your profile pic drawing!! I wish gc.com displayed profile pics larger on profile pages. I also love that you are giving so much thought to your geocaching name and towards developing a unique, interesting, memorable "identity" in the geocaching universe. There was a time when the geocaching profile page did have a larger profile pic as well as other things to help users customize their profile page; maybe someday it'll become more like that again, as I'm personally not a fan of the changes.

Thank you, I really wanted a name and picture I could be proud of. I already have a "rep" but I figured I should change it to something I like before more people take notice of me. I agree that the profile image should be bigger especially on the profile page, but I suppose they changed it due to inappropriate profile pics, and we should probably be glad we can have pics at all!

I agree that the profile image should be bigger especially on the profile page, but I suppose they changed it due to inappropriate profile pics, and we should probably be glad we can have pics at all!

You can place an image within the "Bio" section of the Profile (first saved to a cache page, for example, then placed with an HTML IMG tag). To test a nice big photo, I placed one that's 730 pixels wide:

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=631759a0-5e96-4f3e-a69f-af49c9a566a9

Edited by kunarion
I agree that the profile image should be bigger especially on the profile page, but I suppose they changed it due to inappropriate profile pics, and we should probably be glad we can have pics at all!

You can place an image within the "Bio" section of the Profile (first saved to a cache page, for example, then placed with an HTML IMG tag). To test a nice big photo, I placed one that's 730 pixels wide:

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=631759a0-5e96-4f3e-a69f-af49c9a566a9

Nice to know! I love that newspaper clipping thing, how did you make it?

Edited by Dragons25