Garmin GPS How-to Wikispaces not accessible

BooDogMama

I received a Garmin Monterra for Christmas, and the first thing my husband did was send me the links that he had for getting good information on how to use his Oregon and other Garmin Devices. They are the same links that the forum lists under "Collection of FAQs" http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=140085. Unfortunately, it says that the subscription has "expired" (they now require a fee to maintain these spaces). Does anyone at Groundspeak have access to this information? It appears that it could have been Downloaded before it expired, but I don't know who would have access to this information.

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/

Subscription Expired

This wiki's subscription has expired. The wiki will be reactivated once one of the wiki organizers renews the wiki's subscription. For more information, please visit this blog post.

Actually it is pretty clear why he got that misunderstanding. The link he is using goes to the GPS forum on this website and RoberLipe's collection of FAQ's for all GPS's. It would be understandable for a newbie to think that there was some one here who could fix it.

It looks like Wiki has changed its policy on free to only for education. Others pay.

You can use the Wayback Machine at the Internet Archive. The last good crawl I can find is May 14, 2013. After that, garminoregon.wikispaces.com brought up a 302 redirect to wikispaces.com.

You can't read the old discussion forums on that site, though. They're blocked by robots.txt.

You might have to check the Internet Archive for crawls of specific subpages. "Custom Maps" doesn't work in the July 19 crawl. I was able to get to "Custom Maps" and "Waypoints & POIs" from May 14.

Edited by msrubble