too many cache notifications

GRNZOOM

Over the years I has to re create cache notifications (for some reason they stopped coming to my email).

Now when a new cache is published, I get three notifications on the same cache.

How can I fix this, and receive one notification per cache.

Thanks...

Nick

Well presumably you had set up multiple notifications for the same cache type. Try deleting some of your notifications.

Now when a new cache is published, I get three notifications on the same cache.

How can I fix this, and receive one notification per cache.

Thanks...

Nick

I have two 'area' notifications set where the radius of each slightly overlaps the other one. For those very few caches that fall into that overlap area, I will get a notification from each one. That might be what you are seeing.

I know when I get a cache published in an area that one of my new cache notifications covers, I'll get a notification email, an email notifying me that the cache was published, and an email as the cache owner notifying me of the reviewer's publication log. Maybe even another one, can't remember. Better too much notice than not enough when it comes to my own caches being published, but I would be weeding through some notification settings if I got three every time someone else's got published.

I have two 'area' notifications set where the radius of each slightly overlaps the other one. For those very few caches that fall into that overlap area, I will get a notification from each one. That might be what you are seeing.

You can check on this possibility by looking carefully at the message. Each one says why you were sent the message, so if the reason you're receiving multiple notification is overlapping areas, each one will give you the name of the notification, which will tell you what's going on unless you gave all your notifications the same name.

Also make sure to look at the subject carefully: you could be receiving the messages for some other reason, in which case the subject will say something other than "Notify".