2016 geocaching goals or resolutions

hzoi

Today I met a goal I had for 2016 -- to (finally) get my fraction of non-Traditional caches over 50% of my total finds.

Yeah, nobody else cares. Yes, it's a trivial thing for new cachers to do these days. But, for somebody who started caching in 2002, it's been a fun challenge.

Edited by fizzymagic

Today I met a goal I had for 2016 -- to (finally) get my fraction of non-Traditional caches over 50% of my total finds.

Yeah, nobody else cares. Yes, it's a trivial thing for new cachers to do these days. But, for somebody who started caching in 2002, it's been a fun challenge.

Well I noticed some weeks ago that part of my Traditional caches fell below 40% ? But one of my goals is just to keep it below the 50%

1. May/June/July 2000 caches, which I should be able to do in western OR. They are close to each other. That will finish the grid. FAIL!! Only got the June cache. Ran out of daylight after finding the first one.

2. Alaska cache--cruise in May. Done.

3. BC, Canada cache, same cruise. Done

4. 1/1/16 souvenir, along with the 12/31--should be easy. Done.

5. Thinking about adding another find on the dates I only have 1. Also thought about it this year, but I really got burned out after finding 1000+ caches in 2014. Done.

6. I always think about finding all the virtual caches in ID. Have 14 to got, anywhere from 127 to 273 miles away. Got 1, so 13 to go!

I'm thinking the first 4 are going to get done.

Updating my goals that I set last December.

•  
  • Doing fun caches (no matter if others think they break the rules/guidelines). Done
  • Ignoring even more traditionals that appear to have just been thrown out of a moving car. Done
  • Going for the new challenges that will appear after the moratorium ends (unless the challenge is "rewarded" with a souvenir)
  • Finally adding Luxembourg to our countries list (it's only 200Km from home) Oh, well.. next year maybe
  • Finally logging GC40 (on the way to Luxembourg B) ) Oh, well.. next year maybe
  • Adding a few more "hidden" months Done thanks to our NZ holiday still 2 months feasable, the rest will remain open
  • Getting closer to 366 caching days (many open dates are Saturday/Sunday this year) Done but still more to fill

New "furthest from home"

New "most Eastern"

New "most Southern"

The list remains current except for the challenges. Haven't seen anything within range that's interesting enough to go for.

After caching the least we've ever cached over the past year (we're hoping to end the year with 500 finds), hopefully this will be the low water mark for us.

Goals for 2016:

- Finish the New Mexico Delorme Challenge

- Add at least two more states

- Add at least one more country

- Find our 7000th cache

- Find over 500 caches

- Hide more caches and host more events

I invite you to post your goals for the new year now, then come back this time next year and let us know how you did.

Got the New Mexico Delorme.

Got Utah, but that was our only new state this year. (I know I have three more days, but I don't think I'm getting to Indiana this week.)

No more countries this year.

Logged our 7000th find just before we left El Paso this summer.

Found over 700 this year.

Hid some physical caches for the first time in a couple years; didn't host any events, though.

Getting there. 2.44 as of today.

I didn't think I could finish the job in 2016, but I put a dent in it. (W00T!!! I added 0.12!!! Or whatever the tiny improvement for this year is...) I attacked Hong Kong's mountains daily for a couple of weeks, plus assorted Canadian Rockies all summer. It's keeping me in shape!

So I guess that's my resolution for 201x.

(The Brass Cap Cache makes that number drift back and forth - long story - so I need to get comfortably past 2.5 just to be safe.)

Edited by Viajero Perdido