Garmin GPSMap 64s wont display Geocache "boxes"

DEJUVU

Hi

My Garmin GPSMap64s wont display geocaches as 'boxes' either found or not found. All Geocaches are displayed as flags (Waypoints)

I have downloaded them as a PQ and dragged a' dropped the file into the EMPTY GPX file on the Garmin.

What have I done wrong, or what do I need to change?

Hi

Thanks for reply

I raise a PQ for the area I require download from email, unzip then drag folder into GPX file, both items are shown

I have just got the 64s and had a 62s and used the same system which worked fine. My wife has an Etrex 30 and I dragged the same folder into her GOX file and it's fine. All Geos on hers come out as boxes/cases all mine come out as flags with number/letters over them.

Strangely enough I have a friend with a 64s and his is exactly the same as mine. We both download from different Mac books, different PQ's

I use GSAK to load caches in GGZ file format to a Garmin GPSMAP 64s and it works fine. All the caches are shown as boxes for traditional caches, and multis, mystery, and earthcaches have different symbols. Found caches have a treasure chest.

The PQs are downloaded into GSAK and caches selected for transfer to the GPSr.

Look at the zoom level settings on your GPS. Also, how far away are the caches? You might want to scroll to the area where the caches are and then zoom in.

GGZ is Garmin's file system that allows "unlimited" (4000000) to be loaded onto tour GPS.

GSAK is a database program for Windows to organize/manipulate caches and much more

I am still unable to display found caches as an open box on the map in the unit. Any suggestions in plain English please?

Look at the zoom level settings on your GPS. Also, how far away are the caches? You might want to scroll to the area where the caches are and then zoom in.

GGZ is Garmin's file system that allows "unlimited" (4000000) to be loaded onto tour GPS.

GSAK is a database program for Windows to organize/manipulate caches and much more

I am still unable to display found caches as an open box on the map in the unit. Any suggestions in plain English please?

Look at the zoom level settings on your GPS

It tried to say that you should (just in reverse order now):

- Take your Garmin unit

- Go to the settings (more precise: the Setup Map)

- and have a look at the Zoom Levels (which you will find under "Setup Map > Advanced Setup")

- Set the User Waypoints to 2mi or higher

Hans

Hi

Thanks for reply

I raise a PQ for the area I require download from email, unzip then drag folder into GPX file, both items are shown

I have just got the 64s and had a 62s and used the same system which worked fine. My wife has an Etrex 30 and I dragged the same folder into her GOX file and it's fine. All Geos on hers come out as boxes/cases all mine come out as flags with number/letters over them.

Strangely enough I have a friend with a 64s and his is exactly the same as mine. We both download from different Mac books, different PQ's

You're dragging a FOLDER or a GPX file into your 64s/Garmin/GPX folder? I'm not sure the 64s supports having subfolders inside the 64s/Garmin/GPX folder. I had the eTrex 30 and 64s and never had any behavioral or display differences when copying the same GPX files to both units. It almost sounds to me that your 64s is treating the geocaches as waypoints or POI's.

Thanks

I have been changing the settings and found the filter in map set up was not set to show found.

Look at the zoom level settings on your GPS

It tried to say that you should (just in reverse order now):

- Take your Garmin unit

- Go to the settings (more precise: the Setup Map)

- and have a look at the Zoom Levels (which you will find under "Setup Map > Advanced Setup")

- Set the User Waypoints to 2mi or higher

Hans