Offline maps for geocaching

darkhunter7

hello all, im traveling to Canada for the weekend and want to find a few caches while there, while in Canada i wont be using my cell internet or service as i dont want to be charged like crazy, this is my first time caching outside the the US so i have a few questions for anyone that can help me

the hotel im staying at will have wifi, so is there a geocaching app (android) i can use that will allow me to download offline maps to find geocaches?

i know in Cgeo i can store caches for offline use but im mostly wondering about the mapping aspect of it

or any other recommendations you might have?

thank you

hello all, im traveling to Canada for the weekend and want to find a few caches while there, while in Canada i wont be using my cell internet or service as i dont want to be charged like crazy, this is my first time caching outside the the US so i have a few questions for anyone that can help me

the hotel im staying at will have wifi, so is there a geocaching app (android) i can use that will allow me to download offline maps to find geocaches?

i know in Cgeo i can store caches for offline use but im mostly wondering about the mapping aspect of it

or any other recommendations you might have?

Try GDAK. You can use it 100% offline once you have loaded caches and installed offline. You can type your logs offline and once you connect to the hotel WiFi and upload via API, refresh caches via API, import local caches...

You also may want to check with your cell provider. I know T-mobile lets you have international data roaming for free depending on what plan you have.

If you are going somewhere for awhile consider getting a local SIM card.

I never travel international without a backup plan I also use Locus with the GSAK add-on. Excellent maps.

Edited by FunnyNose